Throw Back Thursday!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread so that we can all post things from our pasts that we enjoyed.
Reminiscing is always fun & usually brings back great memories. So feel free to post pictures
of things that you really liked as a kid, teenager . I'll even look for a picture of myself with hair
and post it! LOL! This was one of my favorite cartoons.

download (1).jpg

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
AURORA_AFX_ELECTRIC_HO_SCALE_SLOT_CAR_RACING_SET_2233_REVAMATIC_COMPETITION_BOX_LID.JPG

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Glen this brings back memories!!!

I got that kit as a 6 year old and that damn wrench key snapped more plastic tails off the track before I learned what not to do. Times were different back then can you imagine letting your kid play with electricity and not fear electrocution today ? By the time I was 10 I was using my paper route money to rebuild the cars to go faster and racing them at the boys/girls club in Pasadena. Can you think of a toy you get your kids today that they play with for 4 years?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Glen this brings back memories!!!

I got that kit as a 6 year old and that damn wrench key snapped more plastic tails off the track before I learned what not to do. Times were different back then can you imagine letting your kid play with electricity and not fear electrocution today ? By the time I was 10 I was using my paper route money to rebuild the cars to go faster and racing them at the boys/girls club in Pasadena. Can you think of a toy you get your kids today that they play with for 4 years?

I use to go the Pasadena Boys and Girls club in the 80's.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I use to go the Pasadena Boys and Girls club in the 80's.

When I was going in the 70's we played with all kind of dangerous stuff which again would never fly today.

Hell in six grade we were welding oxy/accet in metal shop and using a table saw in wood shop. Boy the ****ification of our youth in this damn litigious society is really frustrating when we reminisce.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
When I was going in the 70's we played with all kind of dangerous stuff which again would never fly today.

Hell in six grade we were welding oxy/accet in metal shop and using a table saw in wood shop. Boy the ****ification of our youth in this damn litigious society is really frustrating when we reminisce.

I also took wood shop in 6th grade at Wilson Middle School in Pasadena. We used all kind of cool saws table, jig, etc didn't lose any fingers and no kids died! I agree with you
on the Pus5ification of youth today!