relining with ivocap system

• Thread starter Mile Zero Denture Clinic
  • Start date
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Room Temperature Vulcanization. Ever heard of a Vulcanite Denture? Similar but with no heat, and less tire taste.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Matt, what's RTV? And is a bonder required for rebasing? Thanks.
RTV, Room Temperature Vulcanizing, I used a material very much like this back in the early nineies called Wizard soft liner, Patients loved it. If it wasn't for the $800.00 pressure pot I'd be on this like a duck on a Junebug.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
RTV, Room Temperature Vulcanizing, I used a material very much like this back in the early nineies called Wizard soft liner, Patients loved it. If it wasn't for the $800.00 pressure pot I'd be on this like a duck on a Junebug.

ECONOMY 2.5 gal. Pressure Pot Baked coating on steel tank and lid. Non-ASME, 80 psi maximum pressure. Dual regulator, mounted on wheels with galvanized pickup tube with screen. Replaces A.O.M.-Asturo 65-911 and 65-912, Turbinaire FDS-2010, same as A4166 and QS-288D with our optional S.S. pick-up tube.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
thanks guys. Do you know the pressure for curing in the pressure pot? (Bar & PSI)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
thanks guys. Do you know the pressure for curing in the pressure pot? (Bar & PSI)
80psi also RTS is a soft liner not a denture base material this thread got wonky when soft liners were brought into the ivocap thread typically you don't inject a liner.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Matt, what's RTV? And is a bonder required for rebasing? Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response. RTV stand for Room temperature Vulcanizing. With the preference soft denture liner, a primer is required to help the material bond to the acrylic preventing delamination. This material does require a 14 hour cure time in a 80 PSI pressure pot to cure properly. But the material should list the patient anywhere from 4-6 years. I saw a very interesting case that our in-house technician Craig Pickett is working on on Facebook last night.

Here is a picture of the model:

13912759_1394807857201701_9215412929524968895_n.jpg

This patient as you can see has a hole in their palette exposing the sinus cavity due to oral cancer. You are looking through to the floor of the sinus. We will close the defect with a partial denture lined with our soft liner to close and seal the area.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
It is an obturator very interesting use for the material I would imagine that would be fantastic. I would love to get an opportunity to make one.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you have a drufomat or erkoform pressure machine you could just use the pressure pot attachment, it would tie up your machine for a huge block of time but if you did it late in the day til next morning it wouldn't be an issue.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
It's out of the pressure pot, looks like it cured nicely. Still needs to be finished with some trimming of the excess material, and fine tuning and polishing with the fiber wheels... I will try to get a picture of the finished product and share as well.

13902799_1395381437144343_4141786139799958409_n.jpg

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Probably got decent retention with that bulb.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
ECONOMY 2.5 gal. Pressure Pot Baked coating on steel tank and lid. Non-ASME, 80 psi maximum pressure. Dual regulator, mounted on wheels with galvanized pickup tube with screen. Replaces A.O.M.-Asturo 65-911 and 65-912, Turbinaire FDS-2010, same as A4166 and QS-288D with our optional S.S. pick-up tube.
Now that is very interesting, you could put 10-12 cases in there and process overnight, looks like it was made for painters

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I was told by a technician I respect, and who was an early adopter of the Ivocap system that you had to make the palates of the dentures 3-4 mm thick to avoid blanching and porosity, then finish back and the relining with Ivocap was more likely to fail than succeed, so I'd need to maintain my flasks for relines. So I've shied away from Ivocap because I prefer my palates more in the 1.5-2mm range and hate grinding and finishing them; so how thick does an ivocap palate have to be?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I was told by a technician I respect, and who was an early adopter of the Ivocap system that you had to make the palates of the dentures 3-4 mm thick to avoid blanching and porosity, then finish back and the relining with Ivocap was more likely to fail than succeed, so I'd need to maintain my flasks for relines. So I've shied away from Ivocap because I prefer my palates more in the 1.5-2mm range and hate grinding and finishing them; so how thick does an ivocap palate have to be?
Whoever told you that is wrong. I've never had any blanching or porosity in any palates, and I do relines all the time and have never had ANY problems with them, in fact, all of my relines are Ivocap injected. The only ways to get porosity is if the temperature, time, or water level is off, or it redlines and you don't catch it. Injected dentures fit MUCH better than press packed.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ya, I don't really do relines anymore because it is so easy to just rebase with the ivobase.

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
Ya, I don't really do relines anymore because it is so easy to just rebase with the ivobase.

Totally agree. There is practically no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
any recommendations on whether to use monomer on the old acrylic before adding the new acrylic when relining with ivocap?
I am using henry shien's bonding agent for relines and rebases. also for the odd repair that I flask. Never had any problems with tooth pop off or those dreaded join lines.