relining with ivocap system

• Thread starter Mile Zero Denture Clinic
  • Start date
Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Reaction score
any recommendations on whether to use monomer on the old acrylic before adding the new acrylic when relining with ivocap?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would say its a good idea

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Absolutely. And since you're injecting, grind out some extra old acrylic to aid in the injection flow of the new stuff.

J

jkelm91

Reaction score
any recommendations on whether to use monomer on the old acrylic before adding the new acrylic when relining with ivocap?

I putty the denture so i can remove it, grind out the inside and the outer edge, sure go ahead and swab on some monomer, the replace and shoot. That way theres some new all the way around.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use siltech regular to cover existing denture separate and grind away to rebase. I don't really do relines anymore. Same if not more work to do. I can use a big honkin knockdown wheel and remove it all way faster than I could produce a nice bondable surface all around. Take a narrow bur and touch interdental papilla facially so there is no line/color difference. Douse with monomer and let set dryish while painting separator on intaglio of other half of flask. When ready dampen/wet teeth again and inject.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Whip Mix makes a new soft denture liner that is a RTV silicone based liner that bonds to acrylic and prevents de-lamination. Preference Denture Liner is expected to last 4-6 years!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Whip Mix makes a new soft denture liner that is a RTV silicone based liner that bonds to acrylic and prevents de-lamination. Preference Denture Liner is expected to last 4-6 years!
Does it still absorb every meal they eat? Beyond 6 months with good maintenance is disgusting.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Make sure you make a nice seal so that the ivocap material doesnt press over the teeth. Sometimes the impression material covers more than the flange border, I like to trim that back after sinking it into the first flask with a scalpel.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Make sure you make a nice seal so that the ivocap material doesnt press over the teeth. Sometimes the impression material covers more than the flange border, I like to trim that back after sinking it into the first flask with a scalpel.
I cut after I flask to appropriate level you can also run a robinson brush and that will remove excess impression glue

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Pukeimpression glue

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Does it still absorb every meal they eat? Beyond 6 months with good maintenance is disgusting.
JKraver, Preference Soft Denture Liner is a premium denture liner material that actually does not absorb liquids and particles when we eat. It is a premium soft denture liner, that prevents absorption of food particles and liquids due to the curing process of this liner material. Long term patients have commented on how their dentures no longer have that disgusting smell after long term use. I have a video of testimonials from the labs and a few patients who have tried this new product, and made the change to Preference Soft Denture Liner. Also patients don't have to go through all of the tedious maintenance and cleaning of the denture as with other reline materials. We suggests just using a toothbrush and and toothpaste to clean the denture and liner material. If a patient insists on soaking the denture, we recommend soaking the denture with Preference Denture Liner for no more than 10-15 minutes. If you have a a spare 5 minutes, take the time to view this testimonial video, and please, as always, if you have any questions or concerns, or would like a sample of the liner bonded to acrylic, or would like to try a trial pack of the liner, feel free to contact me by email of phone. My contact information is below. We also offer a try it before you buy it type promotion where with purchase of the trial kit, we can send you the Preference Pressure Pot for a 60 day trial period through your dental dealer at no additional cost to you. That way you can try this product for 60 days, if you decide its not for you, you can return the pressure pot to your dealer, and we will issue a full credit for the pressure pot. The link for the testimonials is below...

Preference Soft Denture Liner Testimonial Video

Matt Drury
Whip Mix Corporation
800-626-5651 ext 1314
[email protected]

I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business and helping your business grow!!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Toothpaste is too abrasive for denture acrylic, it will scratch it and cause places for microbes to grow and stink to accumulate.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Toothpaste is too abrasive for denture acrylic, it will scratch it and cause places for microbes to grow and stink to accumulate.

You are correct JKraver! I should have said that you can clean the liner material with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Not the denture and liner....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I watched the video, testimonials are great... never really explains to a technician what is different about it, or how it works.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
I watched the video, testimonials are great... never really explains to a technician what is different about it, or how it works.

Glad you enjoyed the video! I am attaching a word document written by Craig Pickett RG, CDT, TE where he explains some of the process and what makes this denture liner a premium product with superior quality compared to other liners on the market today! If you have a few minutes this evening or in the next few days, feel free to take a look at the attached documents. I will include a link to another video explaining and demonstrating the process that makes this a superior denture liner. I will aslso provide a link to a webinar that can be found on the Whip Mix website about the Preference Denture Liner that is NBC Approved for 1 Scientific Credit/ FL CE Broker Approved!

Link for webinar:
The Soft Denture Liner of the Future
http://info.whipmix.com/webinar-soft-denture-liner-of-the-future

Links to You Tube video on Preference Soft Denture Liner Process:

Links to more technical information about Preference Soft Denture Liner:
http://info.whipmix.com/the-secret-recipe
http://info.whipmix.com/surviving-i...ft-denture-liners.-a-whitepaper-from-whip-mix

Hope you enjoy! And as always, if you have any further questions or concerns, or want to learn more about the Preference Soft Denture Liner, or any other products that Whip Mix manufactures, please feel free to message me on here, call or email me... My contact info is below...

Matt Drury
Whip Mix Corporation
800-626-5651 ext 1314
[email protected]

Attachments

• PREFERENCE Soft Denture Liner Material 14 hours 3 DRAFT.pdf
    384.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Preference-Denture-Liner-Sales-Flyer-5-20151.pdf
    282.6 KB · Views: 2
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Looks good, big pressure pot, is it heated? The 14 hour cure time is really holding this material back. Also a standard reline jig would be easier to use, and affirm the vdo better.

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Looks good, big pressure pot, is it heated? The 14 hour cure time is really holding this material back. Also a standard reline jig would be easier to use, and affirm the vdo better.

JKraver, again you are absolutely correct! The 14 hour cure time does eliminate a chair side reline, and seems to be a hurdle too high for some to cross. But you can always explain to the patient that if they can go one day without their denture, and return in the morning, that this liner should last them 4-6 years, versus having to return every 6-12 months to have denture relined. And let the patient decide if the benefits outweigh the inconvenience. The pressure pot is not heated.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I actually don't have any dentures with a "permanent" soft liner, never had a patient ask for one either. Generally its a soft liner upon immediate delivery then in 3-6 months after healing and bone resorbs a hard reline.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score

Matt, what's RTV? And is a bonder required for rebasing? Thanks.