Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Wow, ballzy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
There's still too much wasted material. That's what's nice about having a CAM that will nest part to part. There's probably 1 maybe 2 crowns you could get out of that collectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Looks like a bridge wasted way more material than you saved on this single, if I was a betting man the same bridge was milled more than once on this blank.

Also where is the secondary anatomy on that crown :)

You know I busting your balls Saro!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Gonna try for a lower anterior to the left?
nice reuse, but how much time do you use finding one that will fit what you need?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that... lower anterior or coping ...:cool:

There's still too much wasted material. That's what's nice about having a CAM that will nest part to part. There's probably 1 maybe 2 crowns you could get out of that collectively.
What CAM would you recommend?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Lots of wasted material there IMO...leaving sprues on the contact area is the way to go if you're taking the modelless route :confused:...

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Good work!! saving the planet too.

I bet you cut the top off the toothpaste when its done and push your brush right down into it to get the last specs out:)

Lol, is this all because i charge so low? Don't worry, I will charge you double.

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
27 units only , actually you can do more .

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Gonna try for a lower anterior to the left?
nice reuse, but how much time do you use finding one that will fit what you need?
Its just hit or miss, we have a pile of blanks labeled one or two copings. Instead of tossing it, we like to save them for moments like this. We don't spend too much time, you can tell by just looking at the case.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Its just hit or miss, we have a pile of blanks labeled one or two copings. Instead of tossing it, we like to save them for moments like this. We don't spend too much time, you can tell by just looking at the case.
Ahhaaa. I was imagining a few boxfulls and someone spending 10 minutes digging and holding a pair of calipers.

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Looks like a bridge wasted way more material than you saved on this single, if I was a betting man the same bridge was milled more than once on this blank.

Also where is the secondary anatomy on that crown :)

You know I busting your balls Saro!

lol, that bridge was milled out twice. Happens more than I like to admit, but if we see any discrepancies (chipped margin, thickness issue) we have to re-mill. It could also have been a post processing error.

Regarding the anatomy, this was an STL file from a customer.

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Ahhaaa. I was imagining a few boxfulls and someone spending 10 minutes digging and holding a pair of calipers.

lol no, we try to stay organized. at most we will have 2 or 3 "single unit" block of each shade, and size.

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
what about those contacts?

Lots of wasted material there IMO...leaving sprues on the contact area is the way to go if you're taking the modelless route :confused:...

Our guys to a great job in post processing the zirconia, cutting the connectors. they will use a microscope if they have to.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
leaving sprues on the contact area is the way to go if you're taking the modelless route...
I'd've thought it would be otherwise. If you've no model, how can you smooth the sprue without concern for opening the contact? Am I missing something stupid simple again?