Case Presentation

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
a PFM! Really? yes! Some still want these.

I'm looking for some models to practice FMR's, Full upper wax-ups, to make some Emax crowns with, and to practice taking some pictures. Would be glad to pay for models, shipping, etc. Any help for the old man would be appreciated

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 90
D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
a PFM! Really? yes! Some still want these.

I'm looking for some models to practice FMR's, Full upper wax-ups, to make some Emax crowns with, and to practice taking some pictures. Would be glad to pay for models, shipping, etc. Any help for the old man would be appreciated

Nice crown Randy. Are you looking for full upper models that are already prepped? If I were doing something like what your saying i would start with a model that's as ideal as I could find.
Make any changes I want, create polyvinyl or silicon mold, pour solid, seperate and trim all teeth for geller model. Place teeth back in mold, use stone separator on die roots, pour. Seperate teeth dies and create a mold of teeth dies. Pour multiple copies. you can now make preps and margins any way you like on teeth dies to use with your master base model. You can also make molds of your preps and pour in pmma resin to have stump colors in your dies. You can use a mold of your master reference model for wax injection technique. Well...... At least that's what I think I would do.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Or maybe digital models could work also.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Nice crown Randy. Are you looking for full upper models that are already prepped? If I were doing something like what your saying i would start with a model that's as ideal as I could find.
Make any changes I want, create polyvinyl or silicon mold, pour solid, seperate and trim all teeth for geller model. Place teeth back in mold, use stone separator on die roots, pour. Seperate teeth dies and create a mold of teeth dies. Pour multiple copies. you can now make preps and margins any way you like on teeth dies to use with your master base model. You can also make molds of your preps and pour in pmma resin to have stump colors in your dies. You can use a mold of your master reference model for wax injection technique. Well...... At least that's what I think I would do.

Thanks Mike. I can give that a go. I didn't know if anyone had a case like that laying around that I could use. I don't have any PVS in lab, but I can get some.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Randy, i'm only suggesting digital to be pragmatic not a smart alec. maybe someone has stl files of such models they're willing to share. You can have them printed, and save some time and labor doing it this way.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Randy, i'm only suggesting digital to be pragmatic not a smart alec. maybe someone has stl files of such models they're willing to share. You can have them printed, and save some time and labor doing it this way.
I would certainly try that as well. I don't see anyone stepping up to offer me a printed model. I have beer!!!!! lol

Thanks

As a side bar............ I've really pissed them off at DT.!!!! One guy wants to know from us "lab guys" what milling machine to buy so he can mill his own PMMA and denture bars......

Well, I couldn't resist, so I said "So YOU want US lab guys to tell YOU which milling machine to buy so YOU can put US out of more business!"

I said that's a special kind of >>>>>>>>> insert adjective here.

It went over like a fart in church. Not real well.

I think I'm done trying to learn anything there.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
From awhile back. My first case with lisi layering material. Full layered 8,9. Also used Emax ceram EO1 in buildup.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Been using BL2 multi for beach range. Light incisal-facial cutbacks on anteriors. Light stain on the rest or glaze only depending on stump color and thickness. I saw someone mentioning " multi "select" " on fb to be shared in Chicago. I wander if they are extending shade range or something else special about the ingot?

Vita OM1 in both photos.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Nicely done! What porcelain and shade was used?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I would certainly try that as well. I don't see anyone stepping up to offer me a printed model. I have beer!!!!! lol

Thanks

As a side bar............ I've really pissed them off at DT.!!!! One guy wants to know from us "lab guys" what milling machine to buy so he can mill his own PMMA and denture bars......

Well, I couldn't resist, so I said "So YOU want US lab guys to tell YOU which milling machine to buy so YOU can put US out of more business!"

Well, isn't it obvious? That special company that markets their I/O scanner and mill to eliminate the lab bill! But make sure they know that they must buy new ($100k +) since there must be something wrong with the large amount used equipment that is being sold so cheap!

Nice work, DM

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Been using BL2 multi for beach range. Light incisal-facial cutbacks on anteriors. Light stain on the rest or glaze only depending on stump color and thickness. I saw someone mentioning " multi "select" " on fb to be shared in Chicago. I wander if they are extending shade range or something else special about the ingot?

Vita OM1 in both photos.

View attachment 24468 View attachment 24469
Nice work as usual
Mike try the Enamel Ingots.
I hardly layer any more.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Nice work as usual
Mike try the Enamel Ingots.
I hardly layer any more.

Thanks Al. Your work is inspiring with the lisi ingots. I've probably been watching to see about them long enough now. The incisal ones will be what I try first.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Remember that one time you went to a course and didn't finish the case? Here's one, only took 3 years. Thomas Sing. Zir bridge in creation. Nice porcelain. Great tech, one course isn't enough.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

Thanks

I know this rings in late, but my overall impression of DT was people who go there to posture vastly outnumber those with anything of value to say.
Not worth the suffering IMO

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Should have listened to Al sooner. Really liking the lisi enamel ingots. Doing glaze only as well as facial layering. Killer opal effect in them. Have some mt's but haven't tried them much. The enamels are so interesting, they have great trans yet still have masking that at .8 and more is really surprising.

Central crown with facial laying, veneer glaze only.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg