What's your thoughts on;
It's so clear clasps.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Hi all,
What's your thoughts on;
It's so clear clasps.

I did about 12 or so cases with it so clear clasps. I personally was not a big fan. Getting temperature just right was a pain. I much prefer using my Duraflex hot shot gun. With Duraflex I can inject a little bit bigger than grind into a nice small clasp with a nice point.
I suppose it has its place in immediate and temporary flipper type dentures. I know, Tom Z gets some really nice results with it but I'm no Tom Z. And a package of itso clear clasps is much cheaper than the investment in the hot shot gun, so trying it out isnt a big investment.
Just my perspective.

T

Toothtechniques

Reaction score
Thanks learning all the time

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I tried the itsoclear and found them too touchy. I prefer the flexite ones, they work well with a 1800 watt hair dryer. Flexite sells a hot air gun to use with them, but the hair dryer does the job and you get no bubling. The thing I find annoying is they require much room or thickness to sufficiently mechnically retain the clasp as there is no chemical retention at all. This is the case for either of these clasp brands

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Agree with JMN, I prefer the Clasp-eze by Flexite too. As far as retention, I drill a couple of holes in the embedded part of the clasp with the #009 TCS twist drills.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Agree with JMN, I prefer the Clasp-eze by Flexite too. As far as retention, I drill a couple of holes in the embedded part of the clasp with the #009 TCS twist drills.
Nice touch! I've got a handfull of #59 drill bits for drilling electronics' component lead holes in printed circuit boards. I am so definately trying that.

P

paul sarratt cdt

Reaction score
my biggest beef with the itsoclear is number one the price and number two is the bulkiness/aesthetics many better options are available like some of the previous comments

M

mihir

Reaction score
try milling its good cheap and effective

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
try milling its good cheap and effective
That's just a dream at this point for most denture labs. There's very little need for them yet unless you do C&B.

M

mihir

Reaction score
yes u r correct. but if u have the milling machine its really cost effective.

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
Like you I found clear clasps time consuming and not worth the return for the extra money charged. My biggest beef is the fitting surface can't be polished with creating I'll fit and so slightly rough and less transparent when compared to polished surface. Also I have seen them post 3 years fitting and they had changed colour, yellowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
Fitting surface cannot be polished without creating ill fitting clasps. Sry spell checker curse with previous post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk