Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3 more years. gotcha.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is huge for me.

Itero has been pounding the pavement here.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is huge for me.

Itero has been pounding the pavement here.

I have 1 trios doc and 5-6 itero docs. only cause of invisalign, with itero you can't do half the scanning features as trios. Makes designing much easier. My one itero doc sends me pre op model and says match the shape and size. WTF, my trios doc simply does a pre op scan and it is incorporated in the file, what more can you ask for. My friend at 3shape said they had to do like 600 scans of a model before they got approved by itero, Do one scan send it in, then wait for approval, do the second scan of the same model and wait, etc......................... this way Invisalign can test the accuracy of the scanner. BS your just delaying 3shape so itero can make millions more on scanner sales. Now the playing field is level!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
This means all io scanners will be open for invisiline can you imagine the new carestream at about 10G less than trios is going to do.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
My friend at 3shape said they had to do like 600 scans of a model before they got approved by itero,

I sort of look at this as a positive thing. Invisalign is discriminant about cross arch accuracy. This leads me to believe that 3shape has improved their scanning algorithms enough for consistency in full arch scanning. 600 scans of the same model does seem excessive though.Hmmmm2

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
no, i see it as way more hoop jumping than necessary. If the Cerac AC at one point was invisalign approved, then this should have been no contest. Also let's be honest, I don't know all that many iTero users that have successfully scanned full mouth (for fixed).

Also, tolerances for orthosis are way more lax - so I feel this was more of a power play on Invisalign's part. The CT machines they use for mass scanning of models/impressions are accurate in the scan, but not nearly as accurate as an IOS scan once they've been decimated into 3D form.

I wonder why it's going to take until Q4 for this to be adopted though ;)

Also, @grantoz, i don't find the cs3500 to be a good scanner at all?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Please expand your thoughts on the cs3500 eye, you've peaked my interest on your findings.

"Also, @grantoz, i don't find the cs3500 to be a good scanner at all?"

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It's a 3Shape conspiracy, Itero probably lobbied the piss out of it so they nobody else could do it. LOL

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Please expand your thoughts on the cs3500 eye, you've peaked my interest on your findings.

"Also, @grantoz, i don't find the cs3500 to be a good scanner at all?"

When I worked at the other lab they treated me as their KOL for some testing. And I recently received a few more scans. I think they have good technology, but they again suffer from typical tech companies - it needs both integration, UI friendliness and ability.

They started with the idea to copy planscan style and you can see that it doesn't quite measure up.

Also, software wise, which i know is an easy fix, but it's just not ideal. So unless their goal is to sell significantly less - competing in the same sphere as iTero, i would pick iTero evolution all day.

Trios of course is still the best (in terms of functionality - also specifically the cart.)

L

labtek

Reaction score
what are your thoughts on the new impression scanning software from 3shape? will we be able to eliminate a lot of the model work on single units? When is this upgrade going to be available from 3shape software? how well will it work on the older scanner models?

Top Bottom