Denture Boil Out tanks...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The subject is boil out tank not curing tanks anyway.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
For those that don't mind using a curing unit that hasn't been rebranded by a Dental company. Everywhere else they are $250.

$129.99

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=63643206

I have this exact unit. End of day i place flasks in at set temp with timer. Next morning i de flask perfectly cured denrures. Times that i have forgotten timer temp has beeen spot on. Only complaint is that i paid 139.99. Never thought of ace hardware.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
45min with residual monomer reduction 35 without. Then a water cool down, 10-15min tops.
Isn't it an hour if you use Ivocap acrylic vs Ivobase?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Yes, it is like 55m or so then another 10 with RMR. I use ivobase acrylics.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What is it doing during the RMR period? Just sitting at temp?
Ya, sits with the heating element on to cook the monomer out. Supposedly has the lowest residual monomer of all acrylics besides the ivocap processing technique.

C

Craig T

Reaction score
Kinda drifting off topic. Can you program in a 30 min bench set with the Ivobase unit?

Back on topic. I use a VWR 89032-220 for a boilout tank. EBay price around $400. Insulated. Stainless steel tank. Industrial grade.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Kinda drifting off topic. Can you program in a 30 min bench set with the Ivobase unit?

Back on topic. I use a VWR 89032-220 for a boilout tank. EBay price around $400. Insulated. Stainless steel tank. Industrial grade.
Sure take it out and bench cool for 30 minutes. Or just leave it in the unit for as long as you like. Why would you want to tie up your machine for longer than necessary though.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I think he's saying can you inject and then have the machine wait 30min before it begins to heat and cure the acrylic? Kinda like when u pack a denture some leave it sitting on the counter for 30min or so before they put it in the curing tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic, no you cannot program it to have a 30 min bench cool, you cannot program it at all actually it is an ivoclar set thing. I was saying you could just leave it in there to bench cool because it doesn't matter if you leave it in there. It would be no different than a programed cool in reality you would just have to time the 30 minutes yourself. You cannot leave the mixed acrylic out for more than 2 minutes after it mixes, there is a swelling period built into the front of the program so the acrylic wont be at the right consistency otherwise. The acrylic has some cold cure designed into it, so the acrylic will set unlike heat cured. You can remove the flask and bench cool for 30 minutes it will still be too hot to remove, maybe an hour bench cool would be long enough.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Sorry I don't think I made a lot of sense, been a lot on my mind lately. Didn't mean to belittle your question on the programming a bench cool, I just fail to see the point as it wouldn't cool in 30 minutes and it would tie up the machine. If you wanted to bench cool you could just take it out of the machine.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Sorry I don't think I made a lot of sense, been a lot on my mind lately. Didn't mean to belittle your question on the programming a bench cool, I just fail to see the point as it wouldn't cool in 30 minutes and it would tie up the machine. If you wanted to bench cool you could just take it out of the machine.

Lol don't worry about it, but I still don't think you are thinking about what he's asking. He didn't ask about a bench cool down he asked about programming in a "bench set" period. Your thinking after curing he's thinking before.

Some acrylic manufactures say allow the acrylic to bench set in the flask for "X" amount of time before starting to cure. Suppose to improve bonding of acrylic to the teeth. Some say if you begin to cure acrylic immediately there is not enough time for the acrylic and teeth to adhere properly. Almost as if the acrylic will cure around the teeth instead of to the teeth.

By you saying you can't program anything though does answer his question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I see yes there is a difference between bench set and bench cool, subtle.

I thought I answered that question regardless, the acrylic will auto polymerize within that period of time. It is a self/heat cured hybrid material. It brings quick initial set and dimensional stability with the long term tried and true effects of heat cured. They have done a good job with the material. You can leave the mold empty and formed as long as you like/feel comfortable, You should reapply separator if it looks broken down or skinned, and wet the teeth with monomer to clean and begin the softening process.

There is a swelling period allowing the acrylic to reach optimal injection viscosity, Then there is an injection to fully fill the mold and expel all the air through the filter and seal itself, then the heater kicks on, polymerizes for 25-30min, 10min monomer reduction and you are ready to move on. The flask is hot as heck once the program is done and is able to be bench cooled, or water cooled.

C

Craig T

Reaction score
If you choose to use the Ivocap heat cure in the Ivobase unit, you can't bench set after injection but before the curing cycle?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you choose to use the Ivocap heat cure in the Ivobase unit, you can't bench set after injection but before the curing cycle?
You can, but it would involve you aborting the program or turning the machine off. You could turn the machine off right before polymerization, you would have to be watching it. Then when you were ready to start polymerization the machine would depressurize and restart the program. Would be much more of a hassle, People run the ivocap elastomer program with the ivocap heat with little issues.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ya, sits with the heating element on to cook the monomer out. Supposedly has the lowest residual monomer of all acrylics besides the ivocap processing technique.
I seriously doubt it can match microwave for free monomer reduction.