Best place to outsource full-gold

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
Anyone have much experience sending out full-gold .stl's to get sintered/cast/milled? What's the best place? We're having porosity issues with our current place.

And I know, yeah yeah yeah... get the doc to switch to Zirconia. That's at the top of my list also. We still have a couple hardcore metal docs.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Good question Blake. Did you try Argen for thier DPM?

Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Strategy milling does a great job. Either 55% or 2% gold good color on both. Polishing very quick , looks great.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We use Strategy also. Good results, no need to stock alloy and they are nice people.
When I did metal I used them for refining. Never had a bad experience with them ever. Top notch business.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We did only two FGC'z in February...an ounce should last for a very long time...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I quit doing gold crowns about 10 years ago. Now that I have a scanner, I'm now wondering if I should start offering them again, since there are better options with Argen and now Strategy, who I had never heard of before.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I quit doing gold crowns about 10 years ago. Now that I have a scanner, I'm now wondering if I should start offering them again, since there are better options with Argen and now Strategy, who I had never heard of before.

Yes sir you should!
Design, wait for UPS, open box, polish, bill out without stocking Noble and HN alloys. Plus your able to
offer the newer Yellow Noble 2%-5%- and 20% light yellow alloys at great prices if requested.
fyi,,, doing both... casting inhouse and using Argen DPM for particular Noble and HN alloys.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Charles. I may try sending a case or two to both places, to make sure they have the margins I'm looking for, then let my Drs know they can send me their gold crowns they're now sending elsewhere.

It's probably better and wiser in this day and age, to be able to offer myself as a more full service crown and bridge lab to my accounts.

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
Good question Blake. Did you try Argen for thier DPM?

Yeah we tried Argen. I like their copings.

This site is great. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
It is very very hard to beat strategy on its service. They are unbelievably consistent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i did an SLM Yellow Gold crown from Argen and i have to say it was awesome.

I've tried the gold crowns from strategy and they are definitely nice as well.

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
i did an SLM Yellow Gold crown from Argen and i have to say it was awesome.

I've tried the gold crowns from strategy and they are definitely nice as well.

Perhaps you are referring to our DPM or Milled gold crown as SLM is not meant for full contour. The only yellow SLM we have is Captek. Either way... Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you are referring to our DPM or Milled gold crown as SLM is not meant for full contour. The only yellow SLM we have is Captek. Either way... Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Captek was deceased. Got any pictures of the SLM Captek copings?

L

lucky54

Reaction score
are there any pictures of milled gold crowns ???

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have some coming from Argen since they started milling them. I have been using them via DPM with great results, really interested to see how well the ARUM mills mill the gold.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Anyone have much experience sending out full-gold .stl's to get sintered/cast/milled? What's the best place? We're having porosity issues with our current place.

And I know, yeah yeah yeah... get the doc to switch to Zirconia. That's at the top of my list also. We still have a couple hardcore metal docs.

We use Argen for DPM, comes back with a great fit and no wasted gold. We cast very little in the lab now because of this.