Hiossen Smart Fit?

dswilliams

dswilliams

Reaction score
Is anyone sending files and/or models to Hiossen Smart Fit for custom abutments? I have spoken with Hiossen but am having a challenge understanding. What I THINK I was told is one must email (no website for uploading) the file with completed order form to the Smart Fit department ([email protected]) which is located in Philadelphia. I had a hard time understanding the three people I spoke with and got a little bit of a different response from each. Any feedback is appreciated.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
No feedback from Hiossen Smartfit, but we can help you and have a portal to submit files if interested?
Fair price and fast turnaround...
[email protected]

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I have done it, they logged in to setup their abutment files, manufacturing and showed me how to attach their SmartFit order form. When I'm done designing (or scanning if not designing) I copy the Smartfit form into the folder and I think it's right click and Send to Manufacturer (in 3Shape) and away it goes. It was tough to understand at first, but once I got it, simple. I spoke with a Mr. Park 267-759-7010, he set me all up through Teamviewer.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have done it, they logged in to setup their abutment files, manufacturing and showed me how to attach their SmartFit order form. When I'm done designing (or scanning if not designing) I copy the Smartfit form into the folder and I think it's right click and Send to Manufacturer (in 3Shape) and away it goes. It was tough to understand at first, but once I got it, simple. I spoke with a Mr. Park 267-759-7010, he set me all up through Teamviewer.

Are they being milled here in the states or in Korea? Price point? Zirconia or only Titanium?

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I think in Pennsylvania, I thought its been that way for a little while...$250 ti, although they try to sell these packages that discount their products. My docs that use them get 40% off. Back in October I was told Zi is coming soon along with other products (ti bases),but I'm not sure if soon is here yet.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
$250? Wow, it is like an Atlantis fee then.
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think in Pennsylvania, I thought its been that way for a little while...$250 ti, although they try to sell these packages that discount their products. My docs that use them get 40% off. Back in October I was told Zi is coming soon along with other products (ti bases),but I'm not sure if soon is here yet.

iNTERESTING!

I was unaware that they are using their packages to do custom abutments as well. We have a a package with Hiossen if I could get my 40% off of the 250 price that would be a decent solution.

I think you may have your facts wrong but it has set me on the path of finding out.

I will report back

P

Paola Jones

Reaction score
Hello All,

If anyone still has any question in regards to Hiossen Smart Fit, please let me know. I am the Admin of the Hiossen Houston Branch Office and I would be happy to answer any questions.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Maybe you can start by enlightening us on the U & C/retail pricing of the SmartFit vs lab pricing?

P

Paola Jones

Reaction score
Hi-

Retail for our Smart Fit is $250.
Hiossen adapts to the needs of Doctors as much as they do to Labs.

*Doctors & Labs CAN use their package discounts to order Smart Fit abutments. ( Depending on the area, Labs can call Hiossen rep or branch office to make the order)

*For instance, Here at the Houston Branch, we have several doctors who use New Pars Dental Lab. NPDL will call to make orders for their docs, the doctors discount is applied to the order, I follow the verification procedures and ship order directly to the lab.

*Another example: We work with labs who have their own discount packages with Hiossen (packages vary on the necessity of the Lab) The non-Hiossen doctor requests a custom abutment from Lab, the lab uses their discount to make an order with Hiossen and has control of how much they can charge the doctor for the Smart Fit Abutment.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need more specifics or would like to inquire about discount packages, feel free to email me at [email protected] or give me a call 281-416-5824 Houston Branch Office

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thank you for providing that information.
So is the Smart Fit fabricated in Korean or somewhere in the US?
Texas State board has some issues with labs not registered with the State.
LCM

P

Paola Jones

Reaction score
Hiossen and Osstem are two separate entities and to each their own. Hiossen products are manufactured in the US. Our lab is located in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania.

Smartfit Department.

85 Ben Fairless Dr
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Tel:267-759-7071
Tel:267-759-7023

Email:[email protected]

When calling let them know the Houston Branch Office referred you!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Good to know that. I take it your FDA will only allow you to mill
custom abutment for Hiossen implants?
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hiossen and Osstem are two separate entities and to each their own. Hiossen products are manufactured in the US. Our lab is located in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania.

Smartfit Department.

85 Ben Fairless Dr
Fairless Hills, PA 19030
Tel:267-759-7071
Tel:267-759-7023
Email:[email protected]

When calling let them know the Houston Branch Office referred you!

Is this a specific milling center ONLY for Hiossen or is it a lab that is contracted by Hiossen?

P

Paola Jones

Reaction score
Is this a specific milling center ONLY for Hiossen or is it a lab that is contracted by Hiossen?

The lab is a Hiossen Lab with Hiossen employees :)

Sorry I had been a away our Houston Branch has been busy.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yes I have been dealing with Mr Park,

We did our first TI abutment here recently and the fit and finish was very good, unfortunately the rendering of my design was not perfect and the split file was not successful. I was told by Mr Park that they are upgrading their mill to precisely mill which will improve these situations. I have such amazing precision with split files with Nobel that I assumed it would be the same but this first case was not similar. We will continue to dial things in as it makes zero sense to double scan ANYTHING

T

Timoh951

Reaction score
I've been registered here for a while but haven't posted anything. I had to this time.

We had a case with 2 Hiossen abutments and had the designs milled by Hiossen. It was the worst milled abutment I've seen, in terms of accuracy at least. It looked like the smallest diameter bur they used was 2mm or larger.

Also, getting the DME and having their tech set things up over teamviewer was a pain. They fumbled around the 3shape control panel as if it were the first time they had seen it. What also annoyed me was they then installed un-needed Adobe software and created extra folders without consulting me first.

The last part may be a personal issue, but I keep my computer clean and running smoothly and definitely don't appreciate people installing whatever they want on it.

The main issue was the quality of the abutments we got back. They were awful.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Here is my take on smart fit, if you are doing split files they will never fit TODAY, I spoke with Mr Park a month ago and was told they are upgrading the mill???

The abutments fit and finish below the margin line is excellent and the interface is obviously perfect.

The time it take to get them back is much longer than most milling centers, 4 to 5 days. Mr Park is the IT guy that will set you up to send cases and it is troublesome to get him directly. I assume he is stretched very thin he is very busy. they are also using a very OLD version of Teamviewer too HAHAHA,

Hiossen has always been a different company to partner with, the ONLY reason I work with them is that my clients can use their packages and pay for the abutment with their buying power. I truly believe ANY milling center at the moment could do a better job and the lack of accuracy even with me manipulating cad to try and solve the problem is useless,

Scanning two times is something I just do not care to do!

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I agree with everything John said, too slow, split files NEVER fit not even close. Because of the discount the Dr gets, I think he pays around $135, he wanted to send there. I finally gave up and told him I would match it if I could send somewhere else. Saves me the time in waiting for the abutments and having the rescan them.

Top Bottom