CDT DTG

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
This is a very tough business that is changing fast. We need all the networking and support we can get.
The large labs and now major manufactors are gunning for us average labs.
IMO our current self appointed representatives are looking out for them and not us.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
This is a very tough business that is changing fast. We need all the networking and support we can get.
The large labs and now major manufactors are gunning for us average labs.
IMO our current self appointed representatives are looking out for them and not us.
I agree with that wholeheartedly. I feel I've been very open about what my beef was tonight and it wasn't with you, yours or your group. I extend the same challenge to you to achieve certification if you have not done so. Not so you can be proud to be called certified but so you can see how difficult it actually is. I worked and studied hard. I take pride in my analog work as I'm sure you do to.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I Am and I am and words cannot express how proud of it I am and I whole heartedly support the NBC and all the state Assiciations
Every year I get over and above my credit hours and will continue till I can't physically do it any more.
And I'm sure people will get pissed BUT I am not opposed to labs being compelled by their states to have at least one CDT in each lab.
Will force people to get their sorry asses out and get and stay educated and on top of what is happening in the profession.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
LOL keep it on the wall right next to this
Unfortunately the school has been closed for many years : (

I've gotten several other certificates that I have not kept. These two are important to me so I keep them framed on the wall
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
One last thing DTG is a place where people like me can and do mentor or help train young techs that are hungry to learn and improve in their jobs or their business or techniques. That is probably 70% of what goes on there. Then there is trouble shooting and networking across the world.
And unlike Oral Design where you must be hand picked by Willi we have a way for the average tech to get involved

I second that . DTG was the best thing that happened to my professional life . I have learned more there than all the courses and seminars I have ever been to . Especially from Al . He is my mentor , and he helped me when he didn't have to do that for a guy from a country in the other side of the world .

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I am certified and I have a brown belt in dental technology.
Marc Dixon, CDT, DLN.

Correct me if I am wrong but cant you just click LIKE on FB and then put DTGA on your name? (Dental Technicians Guild Affiliated).

Marc Dixon, CDT, DLN, DTGA.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I second that . DTG was the best thing that happened to my professional life . I have learned more there than all the courses and seminars I have ever been to . Especially from Al . He is my mentor , and he helped me when he didn't have to do that for a guy from a country in the other side of the world .

Funny how things change Dimi (Greek god)
Now I learn from you !
And I'm honored you tag me in all your cases even though I never comment

Last edited:
Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
I don't wish to ruffle any feathers here, but I would like to add my support for DLN, DTGA, DTGB (Dental Technicians GB) and many other forums via FB. When I stumbled on to dln while researching some equipment online in 2014 it was Al's restoration du jour thread which blew me away, firstly because Al and others were willing to share techniques and knowledge with everyone on this forum, and seeing Al's journey from where he was at that moment in time to where he is now, and likewise seeing Drizzits journey. I've invested in cameras and lenses etc, taking photos and realising I can see what's wrong with my cases and cussing myself. One day I hope to be producing what I consider beautiful restorations like see here and FB. It totally reignited my passion for our craft, so thanks to Al, Drizzit and all the techs out there who've contributed so willingly, I have learnt much from you all. Obviously FB is huge and I have a love hate relationship with it and just use the groups part, I see it all as a real positive for us a profession. All of these forums are helping me in my journey to keep upping my skills and knowledge, so lets not knock one or the other. Lets embrace them all if we feel it is helping us move forward.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
All of the forums, resources and people willing to share their tips and understanding are indispensable these days aren't they, especially with most of the manufactures now just promoting product $$ rather than hands on education. So thank goodness for the likes DLN, DTG, and of CAP and Jensen who are willing to provide webinars that also put it out there for us, in our continuing education.

I'm just not very good at the political side of our business, like what the NADL etc is up to o_Oo_O

edit: indispensable for indefensible ...lol, that changes it a bit, doesn't it ;)

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
All of the forums, resources and people willing to share their tips and understanding are indefensible these days aren't they, especially with most of the manufactures now just promoting product $$ rather than hands on education. So thank goodness for the likes DLN, DTG, and of CAP and Jensen who are willing to provide webinars that also put it out there for us, in our continuing education. I'm just not very good at the political side of our business, like what the NADL etc is up to o_Oo_O
All of the forums, resources and people willing to share their tips and understanding are indefensible these days aren't they, especially with most of the manufactures now just promoting product $$ rather than hands on education. So thank goodness for the likes DLN, DTG, and of CAP and Jensen who are willing to provide webinars that also put it out there for us, in our continuing education. I'm just not very good at the political side of our business, like what the NADL etc is up to o_Oo_O

Ditto to both and I think we have a looming adversary. Big companies or manufactors competing against us and going directly to Drs and trying to set regulation for their benifet like Sorona and the implant milling deal

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Some of us here are not after notoriety and would prefer to keep some privacy in our lives. Somehow using your real name to share knowledge and help others makes it more legit?

And if we really want to get to know each other, because of a question, or out of friendship concern, we get to know each other via PMs.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
I accurately predicted who would win the removable rodeo last year in Utah. The day it was first advertised. There was no doubt what so ever. I was wrong about the fixed rodeo. I thought the DTG would Step on Their Master.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I accurately predicted who would win the removable rodeo last year in Utah. The day it was first advertised. There was no doubt what so ever. I was wrong about the fixed rodeo. I thought the DTG would Step on Their Master.
Are you going to be in Chicago Wade ???
Would like to meet you.
Would absolutely love to see some of your cases
Having your work peer reviewed can be a real bitch.
Do you have the courage.
It's the only way to earn respect in this profession.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Who won the removable rodeo? Some of the work I've seen here is blowaway.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Who won the removable rodeo? Some of the work I've seen here is blowaway.
Arian and the fixed a guy from UCLA.
2nd in fixed a guy that came from Taiwan couldn't speak any English
Both guys awesome and would have blown me away

I entered the art contest. More my speed with no pressure. Every body voted and I tied for first with somebody for Most Realistic category

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Wow.
Four pages of arguing letters which get you nothing, and I love DLN (thanks Travis).
DLN revitalized my interest in the industry after 20 years, where taking the same CE courses from the same people saying essentially the same things had almost killed it. Thanks to everyone who has contributed for years. You've taught me much.

Top Bottom