Gebdi Tribos Vs Ivoclar Blueline,Phonares

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Being somewhat new to Denture teeth ( we recently purchased Ivobase to Do our own setup- processing for AO4 and now are getting request for full dentures also.) We ordered a living mold guide from Gebdi and like a lot of the tooth forms in the kit, but it seems that we are ordering a lot of Blueline and Phonares because we need 0* or a different mold etc. We would like to streamline what we order and order from 1 company. So the question is; what are your opinions about both and what do you like or dislike? Hopefully the question makes sense? Thanks in advance

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You get many requests for zero degree? I haven't yet. Have never used Gebdi. You may just need to supply drs with a mold guide from gebdi if that is where you want to be. I use blueline. Good tooth, on price point, set up easy enough. You could always order from a supply company that carries both.

Last edited:
J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Have had 2 request for 0* in the short amount of time we have been doing removable.Gebdi is only distributed by Schutz Dental. Looking more for feedback or thoughts on quality etc. Good, bad and the ugly

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
EDITED

I just purchased a BIG stock of the Tribos 501 they are great teeth. Still getting used to them

Phonares are still a higher end stronger tooth and the molds are very pleasing.

I never liked Blueline they remind me of anything Dentsply put out. Aside from the old Bioblend their teeth suck

I think the Ivoclars PE are a very nice tooth.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I think he is looking for some compare/contrast

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Not one of the choices above. Vita here.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Being somewhat new to Denture teeth ( we recently purchased Ivobase to Do our own setup- processing for AO4 and now are getting request for full dentures also.) We ordered a living mold guide from Gebdi and like a lot of the tooth forms in the kit, but it seems that we are ordering a lot of Blueline and Phonares because we need 0* or a different mold etc. We would like to streamline what we order and order from 1 company. So the question is; what are your opinions about both and what do you like or dislike? Hopefully the question makes sense? Thanks in advance
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's a mistake to so severely restrict what you're willing to order. I can understand wanting to maintain a small house stock, but to only want one supply chain?
I wouldn't.

To answer your question, I have never even held a card of Tribos in my hand, so I have no opinion there; if I where to go with Ivoclar, I'd go PE. It's a gorgeous tooth at a great price point.

But you've just passed a ****load of really nice tooth lines like Creapearl, or Artigal, or Physiodens.

Not to mention the times when you'll have to order what the doc wants- or sends along.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Best part of Tribos line are the V series numbers, the rest look like any other tooth line.
I have been using them since Schutz started distributing them.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Agreed. I think they are a solid tooth, but not much to look at.
The vivodent plus dcl are based off the dentsply molds. If it has a P infront it is a dentsply inspired clone, the A are Ivoclar design.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
EDITED

I just purchased a BIG stock of the Tribos 501 they are great teeth. Still getting used to them

Phonares are still a higher end stronger tooth and the molds are very pleasing.

I never liked Blueline they remind me of anything Dentsply put out. Aside from the old Bioblend their teeth suck

I think the Ivoclars PE are a very nice tooth.
Thanks John, I also purchased a large stock of Tribos 501 to have on hand,but constantly find myself ordering from Ivoclar to get the tooth that works best with the case we are doing.. I agre with your other comments as well! Thanks again

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's a mistake to so severely restrict what you're willing to order. I can understand wanting to maintain a small house stock, but to only want one supply chain?
I wouldn't.

To answer your question, I have never even held a card of Tribos in my hand, so I have no opinion there; if I where to go with Ivoclar, I'd go PE. It's a gorgeous tooth at a great price point.

But you've just passed a ****load of really nice tooth lines like Creapearl, or Artigal, or Physiodens.

Not to mention the times when you'll have to order what the doc wants- or sends along.
I am not trying to order from 1 place but merely trying to get feedback on the opinions of these two brands, but at the same time trying to streamline-simplify my tooth brands. So I appreciate the feedback on pros-cons of each..

Best part of Tribos line are the V series numbers, the rest look like any other tooth line.
I have been using them since Schutz started distributing them.
Thanks Tom!!
ps. Love your online videos!!!

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
I am also looking a decent CHEAP tooth for immediates etc. Just thought Id throw that out there to complicate things a little more!!Beer

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I like ordering candulor teeth because I can do it online... obviously through Ivoclar, but then youve got your phonares there also.. Which is the same tooth, just different moulds.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Another thought is, that if your going over a bar, I believe the Tribos already have a channel cut out on the bottom?

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Another thought is, that if your going over a bar, I believe the Tribos already have a channel cut out on the bottom?
Some of the teeth have channels cut,but some do not? But it does save time on setting teeth over a bar!! And yes ordering online is a quick easy way to go for sure!!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I like ordering candulor teeth because I can do it online.
If I can't order online, I don't order it. Forget automated phone systems to get to a customer service rep.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
thanks J Pierce...Try Major Plus from American Tooth, a nice looking , inexpensive tooth.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Hareuas Kultzer Arctic line for economy teeth.....Candulour, Ivoclar PE, or Vita for upper end....I really prefer the Euopean tooth forms....especially in the anterior sextants.

Top Bottom