Case Presentation

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Dentalmike, what are your firing temperatures? Build and glaze, and iscit a natural glaze or enhanced.?

These are my base numbers.
Opaque, liner, shoulder 898 1min hold
Dentine 892 1min hold
2nd 888 50sec hold
Glaze 906 30 sec hold

What I look for in dentine and glaze temps is a surface that has more glass than grain and that has sharp detail. To me this make me feel I'm not over firing and getting what the material has to offer. I spend a lot of time on contacts and don't want to affect them in final glaze. I use a thin mix of vita glaze-LT, not for a final surface by itself but to help achieve a surface I can hand-polish to a detail and luster for the situation.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Thank you Baobatree. If your not doing this already, adding a halo with trans dentin, cut en powders with about 15% window , paint in mammalon powders mixed with stain liquid for a thin consistency is a good place to start. If you are able to post any work or sample bench cases, I'm sure I and many others would gladly give feedback.
Thanks very much Dentalmike, not tried mixing a little window with enamel so will give it a go. I will post something soon. I have been interpretting some of Als tips for line angles and hoc using neutral opalescent powders for emax but using eo1/eo2 and have had some positive feedback from clients. Sadly they don't ever take photos, so i can't guage the results for myself. As for halo effects I have mixed trans dentine and enamel 50:50, do you apply the trans dentine straight or mix? Thanks again.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Thanks very much Dentalmike, not tried mixing a little window with enamel so will give it a go. I will post something soon. I have been interpretting some of Als tips for line angles and hoc using neutral opalescent powders for emax but using eo1/eo2 and have had some positive feedback from clients. Sadly they don't ever take photos, so i can't guage the results for myself. As for halo effects I have mixed trans dentine and enamel 50:50, do you apply the trans dentine straight or mix? Thanks again.

Layering can get as complex as you can stand to to do. I use trans straight in general for halo. For 1 and bleach value you might like enl with 30%eo2 for incisal 1/3 area. It's hard to get mouth shots for sure, even if you offer to do it for free. Keep trying though.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Liking the new multi ingot. Tried this and liked the results. Used A1, shot pics for reference, wasn't trying to hit it exactly. Facial cutback on all. I'm using Ivoclar programs for HT in ep5000. 200gr for regular or multi former. 100gr program with super-ring, premolars and some anterior teeth, only 1 or 2 at a time to be able to place ring when investing, but saves time(40min burnout time). The single units here were in the super-ring.
I didn't know if this would work so I had a backup out of MT pressed. Waiting to hear how it goes.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Another multi experiment. Should have used D2 ingot. Stained and light facial enamel. Close value made it a go though. I did have to open incisal embrasure before placement. The new ones were over zirc implants, old restorations were V7 on inceram.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Have you had any failures with your sprue technique?
Awesome work. Love the shapes on your previous post

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Have you had any failures with your sprue technique?
Awesome work. Love the shapes on your previous post

Hey Riley
Thanks. No failures with this type yet. These are the only ones I've tried this way, so I have a full confidence trying about anything. I did have to tend the margin some but not bad. The failures I have with multi are with veneers and cutback style for full buildup with fractures next to the sprues.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Still keeping it metal for bridges for small connectors. All centric areas were .3 to .5. Are y'all doing zirc this thin for centric areas? I also thought zirc would need to have thin facial layering only, for decent connector size and I wanted lots of room for layering. Was considering zirc until they said splint the premolar and connector was so small and thin that for me, metal for sure.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Tissue rejects metal.

Zirconia is more biocompatable and esthetic . .3-.5 mm centric is not an issue .

If it was failing me I wouldn't use it .

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Implant was springing off tissue
Adjusted but never took another pic
image.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Remove the tissue and take another pic.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
No can do
Case was shipped out

Ok just saw patient for single central tooth #8
31 yr old male -took hockey stick to face
image.jpg image.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Springing off the tissue is never a good sign.. unless you intend to kill that tissue..

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Springing off the tissue is never a good sign.. unless you intend to kill that tissue..
If it's an implant, make the tissue conform to the restoration.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
31 yr old male -took hockey stick to face

I see a lot of those in my neck of the woods...had a 11 old year old kid the other day - bit the ice, was skating only...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I see a lot of those in my neck of the woods...had a 11 old year old kid the other day - bit the ice, was skating only...
Not smart enough to use a hockey stick?