Old Cercon Heat - Is it worth to keep?

renato

renato

Reaction score
I just bought a new sinter oven HTC speed. It reduces the sinter time and it does HT nicely at 1500Celsius.

The question are:
Should I keep my old Cercon Heat as spare?
Should I sell it? Who is gonna buy, once it does not sinter new materials?
Is there a way to calibrate it and make the heat go up to 1500celsius?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
With proper knowledge you could repurpose it for sure...;) Could it go to 1500C ? That depends on the heating elements and insulation...

renato

renato

Reaction score
With proper knowledge you could repurpose it for sure...;) Could it go to 1500C ? That depends on the heating elements and insulation...

That should be nice... the only problem is that I have no idea where to start.
I am in Brasil, it is hard to find people that know how to do such thing.

I would love to give it a second life.
Do you know how to do it or have a step or two to start with?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
All I can give is some starting points only...it does require a good understanding of how electronics work tho...
Basically most electronic equipment consist of three parts: Input-->Control-->Output
For a sintering furnace the input is the thermocouple or pyrosensor, output is the heating element controlled by an MCU (simple logic, thermostat/timer combo)
First make sure the existing thermocouple is able to operate at the required high temp or replace with a type B model. Then either replace the control module or reprogram the existing one...I'd get a new control module as being cheap and easy to program also includes documentation...

renato

renato

Reaction score
All I can give is some starting points only...it does require a good understanding of how electronics work tho...
Basically most electronic equipment consist of three parts: Input-->Control-->Output
For a sintering furnace the input is the thermocouple or pyrosensor, output is the heating element controlled by an MCU (simple logic, thermostat/timer combo)
First make sure the existing thermocouple is able to operate at the required high temp or replace with a type B model. Then either replace the control module or reprogram the existing one...I'd get a new control module as being cheap and easy to program also includes documentation...

Thanks for the tip mate!
Now I know who to call tomorrow.

Top Bottom