Clear aligners where to start???

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to offer a new service in my dental clinic for clear aligners. I have dental scanner and a 3D printer.
As far as I know scanner , printer and vaccum press like Biostar and CAD software will be enough to produce clear aligners.
My printer is SLA based with 25 microns resolution.

Have you tried any ortho software:
- maestro 3D Ortho studio
- orchestrate - only as a service as I know
- 3shape ortho studio - annual fee :-(

I found that the german company Schue is starting one training for clear aligners - https://www.scheu-dental.com/en/scheu-academy/seminars/item/670/action/show/

Any suggestion where to start???
Is Biostar quite enough for these cases?
Online training will be better for me, but I am unable to find one in the web.

Last edited:
G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to offer a new service in my dental clinic for clear aligners. I have dental scanner and a 3D printer.
As far as I know scanner , printer and vaccum press like Biostar and CAD software will be enough to produce clear aligners.
My printer is SLA based with 25 microns resolution.

Have you tried any ortho software:
- maestro 3D Ortho studio
- orchestrate - only as a service as I know
- 3shape ortho studio - annual fee :-(

I found that the german company Schue is starting one training for clear aligners - https://www.scheu-dental.com/en/scheu-academy/seminars/item/670/action/show/

Any suggestion where to start???
Is Biostar quite enough for these cases?
Online training will be better for me, but I am unable to find one in the web.

Hi,

This is something we are also looking into. We have a 3shape scanner with Orto Analyzer software. The software allows the movement of the teeth and then to print a model from the final file (with all the steps between).

I have been looking at the Scheu course in Germany and am booking a place on it. I think someone on here suggested that the way they set the models up on the course is by the old section and eyeball method......which seems a bit strange, having all that technology to hand.

Ill write a review on the course once I have been on it but would like to hear anyone else's opinion on the subject.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
I think they already use some kind of custom software - new CA[emoji768] SMART 4.0.
May be it helps moving teeth virtually instead of handy.

We should ask them before we going there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I think they already use some kind of custom software - new CA[emoji768] SMART 4.0.
May be it helps moving teeth virtually instead of handy.

We should ask them before we going there.

I am going to call them just to check the method they will be teaching. I have heard about the new Smart 4.0 software and apparently it is simple to use. But they say you will also need to spend another 1000 Euros for other bits and pieces.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
I read that for 1000euro you get the software.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Maestro 3D ortho is 2000 euro

X

XR23

Reaction score
you want to be sure to use a "pressure" thermoformer like a Biostar, Ministar, Ministar S, or one of the other pressure formers. Vacuum formers don't have sufficient psi to intimately mold the thermoplastic sheet to the model. Excellent teeth adaptation is essential to moving teeth precisely and quickly with clear aligners. If you want to produce aligners on par with with what Align and ClearCorrect mfg, then look at the Zendura plastic sheet material for both aligners and retainers. It's a very tough and crack resistant material, though. So you need the higher psi offered by pressure formers to form appliances with it. Re teeth alignment software, all the software providers are moving to cloud-based software, a la Orchestrate 3D. The days of having the software hosted on your puter are coming to a close. If you don't want to become expert at teeth alignment software, then maybe consider something like SureSmile. They handle the teeth movement planning/steps, with input from you, and send the models to you so you can form your own aligners or have a lab do it for you.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Orchestrate I am not sure if it is cloud based.
But I want to do the cases on my own, with the help at the beginning, with with somebody qualified from Orchestrate. Than I would like to start doing on my own, print the models with my printer and vaccum with Biostar

Pricing for O3D Lab Service BASIC PRIME
O3D Subscription Level No Charge $95/Doc/Month
O3D Scans $25/Arch $15/Arch
O3D Models $25/Arch $15/Arch
O3D Aligners (includes models)$39/Arch $29/Arch
O3D Created Treatment Plans $69/Arch $49/Arch

Anybody who can explain this pricelist ???
How much will cost me a full case???

I can scan models, and I can print models. So?

D

Dr Todd Ehrler

Reaction score
Orchestrate I am not sure if it is cloud based.
But I want to do the cases on my own, with the help at the beginning, with with somebody qualified from Orchestrate. Than I would like to start doing on my own, print the models with my printer and vaccum with Biostar

Pricing for O3D Lab Service BASIC PRIME
O3D Subscription Level No Charge $95/Doc/Month
O3D Scans $25/Arch $15/Arch
O3D Models $25/Arch $15/Arch
O3D Aligners (includes models)$39/Arch $29/Arch
O3D Created Treatment Plans $69/Arch $49/Arch

Anybody who can explain this pricelist ???
How much will cost me a full case???

I can scan models, and I can print models. So?

Hi NSitnov-I am the CEO of Orchestrate and was forwarded your question above. The pricing above is essentially incorrect and is more for private practitioners and not labs. I'm not sure exactly what the terms and conditions are of Dental Lab Network and I don't want to violate them as I am sure they are strict (as they should be) when it comes to vendors posting. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can discuss things in detail with you.