Vita MFT vs Ivostar

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
What's the verdict. Wanting a better looking economy tooth than the Classics I've been using. I like the esthetics of the MFTs best but am having trouble with the shades, ordered an A3.5 and it looked like it was between an A2 and A3 and seemed slightly gray. Just me? Also the Vita rep told me the MFTs would hold up as well as the Vitapan? At that price point I find it difficult to believe Hmmmm2. I assume all 3 teeth would wear the about the same as an economy tooth. Thanks!

N

nickate

Reaction score
"Value minded" teeth will have shade discrepancies when compared to another manufacturer's shade guide. There is a reason they are cheap. You need to use the shade guide provided by the manufacturer when it comes to economy teeth (you should ALWAYS be doing this, though...). I have been able to successfully transpose the Dr.'s vita shade to the closest economy shade with great results when keeping in mind these are an economy tooth.
If you want The actual shade on the premium guide you need to pony up the premium cash and buy the premium tooth.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I would do ivostar first ivoclar has good products.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
"Value minded" teeth will have shade discrepancies when compared to another manufacturer's shade guide. There is a reason they are cheap. You need to use the shade guide provided by the manufacturer when it comes to economy teeth (you should ALWAYS be doing this, though...). I have been able to successfully transpose the Dr.'s vita shade to the closest economy shade with great results when keeping in mind these are an economy tooth.
If you want The actual shade on the premium guide you need to pony up the premium cash and buy the premium tooth.

Yeah, I get that about the shade, however if you have mastered the art of getting all of your docs to use multiple shade guides then please let me know, because most of mine tend to stick with what they've been using for the past several years and no matter what argument I use they won't change. I've used Kenson, Classics, Artics, etc and never had that big of a shade variance. I'm not asking about premium teeth and how well they match, I'm asking for those who have used the MFTs and the Ivostars to give me their feedback on what they think including what they think of the shades and durability on the MTFs based on what my rep is stating.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I would do ivostar first ivoclar has good products.

I agree, I've used their blue line for years and like them, but I think the MFTs look better than them and they are a much more expensive tooth. Also a great company to work with.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we have been going through a large stock (inherited) of Artic teeth. they are decent looking, economical, and shades are fairly true to the 16 vita classic.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Its been years since I've used them and remember them being a solid tooth. The only thing I didn't like about them was the had a lot of tranluceny on the mesial and distal. Its been a few years since i saw one so maybe that has changed.

On a side note, did you ever get a success system and thoughts on it?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You could use Huge teeth from @rc75 They weren't bad looking and cheap as water.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Its been years since I've used them and remember them being a solid tooth. The only thing I didn't like about them was the had a lot of tranluceny on the mesial and distal. Its been a few years since i saw one so maybe that has changed.

On a side note, did you ever get a success system and thoughts on it?
they still have a bit of the translucent incisal/mes/distal but folks seem to like it.

no injection system yet. still toying with ideas and cost effectiveness. right now we aren't doing enough flexibles to make it worthwhile (I think) but as we grow ill keep shopping and comparing. as with many, I have a hard time buying more than I need to from dentsply....hard to blindly support the competition.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Well i have the tcs automatic system and i love it. AJ gave me a rundown of how to use it for acrylic but i just haven't worked up the guts to try cuz i do as many flexibles as dentures and don't want to mess the injector up. My Heraeus rep is supposed to be finding me a loaner palajet to tinker with but that will be only for acrylic, but I'll let you know what i think afterwards.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well i have the tcs automatic system and i love it. AJ gave me a rundown of how to use it for acrylic but i just haven't worked up the guts to try cuz i do as many flexibles as dentures and don't want to mess the injector up. My Heraeus rep is supposed to be finding me a loaner palajet to tinker with but that will be only for acrylic, but I'll let you know what i think afterwards.
ok great, that would be good feedback.
I like the snowrock system.....just not the price tag. lol. tcs looked decent by I like the Myerson flexpress better. that's not to say tcs was bad, just my prelim research lead me to Myerson or snowrock

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Im thinking of using ivoclar teeth. Used to the new shade from lincoln/zahn but I really liked ivoclars marketing presentation. Lay it all out for you very simple. And they sent me samples of premium teeth. I was impressed overall. Heard lots of good things about there blueline on DLN.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Im thinking of using ivoclar teeth. Used to the new shade from lincoln/zahn but I really liked ivoclars marketing presentation. Lay it all out for you very simple. And they sent me samples of premium teeth. I was impressed overall. Heard lots of good things about there blueline on DLN.
Blueline is a good product. You will enjoy it.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Stick with what line you have success with...I have used Hareus Kultzer Arctics as well as blueline but have recently been using Ivostar and Candulour which are essentially the same now....With the cheaper lines there are far fewer mould choices so I someitmes end up with combining two or three sets of anteriors just to get something that fits...and a good looking canine...