Silicone soft liner

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
What have you guys found to be the best materials, burs etc. to get a nice smooth surface on these type of materials ? I'm just not happy with the finish I have been getting with this type of material.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
No burs. Only scalpel for gross trmming and then three types of scotchbrite wheels. Course medium and fine.

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
I prefer Molloplast B for a true permant soft lining. It can be tricky to deal with per finishing polishing. As long as everything is waxed perfect and adequate material is used your good to go. The most frustrating thing with the material for me is the primer drying time and curing time. But if your not busy it's no problem. Sorry if I offered to much info.

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
Apologies I misread the post. Scotch brite brushes for sure. I like keystones. They offer coarse, medium and fine. I like to put mine in ice water so it becomes more rigid and easy to work with. I have heard of techs using spray refridgerants as well.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I prefer Molloplast B for a true permant soft lining. It can be tricky to deal with per finishing polishing. As long as everything is waxed perfect and adequate material is used your good to go. The most frustrating thing with the material for me is the primer drying time and curing time. But if your not busy it's no problem. Sorry if I offered to much info.
I too prefer molloplast B with a long cure and it gives very good results...I have used something called easysoft with mixed results....I have ordered mollosil which is the Detax chairside soft liner to try out and will advise how it goes...It is supposed to adhere very well to the base and can be muscle molded just like impression material...Also supposed to last for a longer period of time than current chairside relines.....I have been using somehting called COEsoft and it gives a me a really great impression. It can be added too without getting join lines like regular silicon pvs and has a pleasant flavor. But its drawback is it lasts only a few months ( they recommend 3-5 months max). But again man what a really good impression....So I will use it as a trial to see if the patient will benefit from a soft liner and along with a Coecomfort upper functional reline can get a really nice set of functional impressions from them......Need to keep them well hydrated though....
for a medium term chairside reline I have used the Tokoyama hard and medium soft reline materials with excellent success....I will use them if the dentures timeout within two years or the patient si planning on a new set within two years.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I too prefer molloplast B with a long cure and it gives very good results...I have used something called easysoft with mixed results....I have ordered mollosil which is the Detax chairside soft liner to try out and will advise how it goes...It is supposed to adhere very well to the base and can be muscle molded just like impression material...Also supposed to last for a longer period of time than current chairside relines.....I have been using somehting called COEsoft and it gives a me a really great impression. It can be added too without getting join lines like regular silicon pvs and has a pleasant flavor. But its drawback is it lasts only a few months ( they recommend 3-5 months max). But again man what a really good impression....So I will use it as a trial to see if the patient will benefit from a soft liner and along with a Coecomfort upper functional reline can get a really nice set of functional impressions from them......Need to keep them well hydrated though....
for a medium term chairside reline I have used the Tokoyama hard and medium soft reline materials with excellent success....I will use them if the dentures timeout within two years or the patient si planning on a new set within two years.
To followup on the Mollosil, it is about half price of Tokoyama but the Tokoyama has far better adhesive. I will stick with what works best and go back ot Tokoyama or just use mollosil for testing on patients.