Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom Scanners?

• Thread starter Nu Technologies
  • Start date

Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom

• Identica Blue

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Degree of Freedom

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
Nu Technologies

Nu Technologies

Reaction score
Trying to decide which scanner to buy. I have done research on both but wanted to get any second opinions! Thanks guys.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
depends on support in your area both good advantage blue

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I like the DOF because it requires no special model holders or putty and I can put a full size articulator in it.
51e21544188f097933b26c7fef1640fa.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hey pjd, what other scanners have you had in the past and how does this DOF compare to them?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Medit se and ineos red
I'm still trying to forget the red and I liked the se until I got the DOF. Faster and easier to use. Half my cases are on full size atricutalors.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Medit se and ineos red
I'm still trying to forget the red and I liked the se until I got the DOF. Faster and easier to use. Half my cases are on full size atricutalors.

Great info...we've been dealing with the same issues you describe with the SE, maybe its time to upgrade. One thing I might add, is the DOF is serviced here in the states, unlike the Medit where you have to send that beast back to Korea to tuned up. Who's your reseller/support from pjd?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Great info...we've been dealing with the same issues you describe with the SE, maybe its time to upgrade. One thing I might add, is the DOF is serviced here in the states, unlike the Medit where you have to send that beast back to Korea to tuned up. Who's your reseller/support from pjd?
Origin

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Stienbechler is one of the best options. Accuracy is < 10 microns

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Stienbechler is almost 3' tall, wide sliding up/down door, cast aluminum frame, weighs 105LB, extremely stable and vibration free.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Trios fits in the palm of your hand and will do the same.

elpiojoxp

elpiojoxp

Reaction score
I agree, the ST2 is a beast...beastly price tag with it here in the states as well.
As long as I know it cost Steinbichler II with EXOCAD cost 20k (pretty the same as Medit blue 2015)

R

Radu

Reaction score
I would go for Identica Blue 2015. Incredible speed and accuracy. You can't go wrong with a scanner like that.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I would say the only downside to the ST2 ( I bought one in the Jensen package for a great deal...) is the comparatively slower scanning times. Other than that, its a great scanner. Really like it, but the 3Shape 710 I have is quicker, for sure.

I am quite interested in the DOF scanner, though... when my 710 quits (its 4 years old and making some painful noises...) I am certainly going to look at this as well.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
I would say the only downside to the ST2 ( I bought one in the Jensen package for a great deal...) is the comparatively slower scanning times. Other than that, its a great scanner. Really like it, but the 3Shape 710 I have is quicker, for sure.

I am quite interested in the DOF scanner, though... when my 710 quits (its 4 years old and making some painful noises...) I am certainly going to look at this as well.
Do you have a Preciso scanner from Jensen? Adrian.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

Nothing compares to the accuracy of the ST2 though...I wouldn't even attempt doing anything full arch with any other scanner out there. I know folks that have pretty much every scanner on the market, they still swear nothing can touch the ST2 when it comes to full arch. This is what we use it for, we have a couple medit SE's that are fine for single units.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
Nothing compares to the accuracy of the ST2 though...I wouldn't even attempt doing anything full arch with any other scanner out there. I know folks that have pretty much every scanner on the market, they still swear nothing can touch the ST2 when it comes to full arch. This is what we use it for, we have a couple medit SE's that are fine for single units.
By how much is the ST2 slower. let's say production per day. In 8 hours. ST2 vs Freedom ( Origin) . This, Adrian. Scan & design.