need to know about 3M

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
1. margin marking has to be done by a certified 3M lab (which means they charge you)
2. Most of the tweaks are software
3. Hardware changes have mostly been with the ability to streamline the product.

if you told me they eliminated spray, and still could get a good scan, then i would say it has changed a lot.

do you Know some better IOS than this within its price range that export stl ?
i am open to any brand

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
According to 3M this is still the most accurate scanner on the market. I think they claim 6 micron. My users struggle in second molars with some patients. The old scanner actually used mirrors and a classic sensor location. The true Def has a modular tiny sensor mounted in the scanner head making it fat compared to the cos. My point is no matter the claimed accuracy if you can't get the scan done, those numbers do not really mean much at any cost.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
the accuracy is a critical factor to me as i am going to use it for implants i need the scanner to register only the top part of the scanning body and the occlusal and the top third of the interproximal of the neighbors, so basically the most important part here is the top part of the scanning jig that what i need only to re-position the implant in my software, however we still need a record of the soft tissue near the implant but its not important to be 100% detailed, and the bite registration, i think this scanner can accomplish this task successfully.

1- scan the interproximal surfaces of the neighbors and the gum around the implant, and the occlusal of the neighbors (without the scanning jig being placed on).
2- scan the occlusal of the opposite
3- scan the bite
4- placing the scanning jig on and scan the top part of the scanning jig+ the occlusal of the neighbors.

easy tasks, need accuracy only, and if its fast and exporting stl files i cannot be happier.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
look into Nevo / Clon3d

they are cheaper than trios but having now been a Trios vendor for 6 months, i like it best. getting STL data out of trios means you need a DDX or Romexis account though.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
look into Nevo / Clon3d

they are cheaper than trios but having now been a Trios vendor for 6 months, i like it best. getting STL data out of trios means you need a DDX or Romexis account though.

thank you, please PM or put here the retail price of this one.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its not mine to give out. i'd contact Henry Schein for the price of a Nevo.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
i watch the videos it is just a lovely piece of candy, i really love it from the first sight :D:D:D

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
i trust 3M product they are the inventors of so many things in the dental lab.
however, i am not limited to any brand, but i think after watching some videos, it has some good advantages, that i think i can make something out of it, so in near future i am going to try it, if i got a good offer.

No Mohammad.

They invented nothing that is good value!

The entire Lava system came from other companies. (German company ESPE and US company Brontes)

Their Lava Ceram Porcelain came from another German company, which Jensen now owns.

3M purchased after products were already developed.

Same with most of their products.

Mills came from Primacon CNC in Germany, scanners came from Steinbichler, etc....
all was developed before 3M had anything to do with it. They just slapped a name on it.

The things they did invent were failures. (D.V.S. system and Lava Ultimate to name a couple)

I have F1ve BIG Lava mills and spent Millions with them.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
No Mohammad.

They invented nothing that is good value!

The entire Lava system came from other companies. (German company ESPE and US company Brontes)

Their Lava Ceram Porcelain came from another German company, which Jensen now owns.

3M purchased after products were already developed.

Same with most of their products.

Mills came from Primacon CNC in Germany, scanners came from Steinbichler, etc....
all was developed before 3M had anything to do with it. They just slapped a name on it.

The things they did invent were failures. (D.V.S. system and Lava Ultimate to name a couple)

I have F1ve BIG Lava mills and spent Millions with them.

yes right and thats why zicon zahn and ivoclar infringe 3M patent of the coloring liquid for zircon.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, 3M BOUGHT that patent. NOT Invented it. OK?

Glidwell lost a law-suit against them for the colors and had to change to water-based satins.

Not Zirkon Zahn. You are wrong.

Ivoclar also never had an acidic stain with law suit from 3M that I know of.....?

You almost know something......very close! :p

Keep trying!

One day you may score a point from me.

Until then.......

I really wish you would stop posting non-sense please and just sit back and read for a while.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Yeah, 3M BOUGHT that patent. NOT Invented it. OK?

Glidwell lost a law-suit against them for the colors.

Not Zirkon Zahn. Ivoclar also never had an acidic stain or law suit that I know of.....?

You almost know something......very close! Keep trying! One day you may score a point from me.

Until then.......

they have a law suit regarding that and they settle down, but its own patent not purchased one.

however, we are talking about a 30 billion revenue company, and you can go check the patents they have by simple search.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Trios isn't sold at 41.... i hear 39 on avg and i know there's room

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
they have a law suit regarding that and they settle down, but its own patent not purchased one.

however, we are talking about a 30 billion revenue company, and you can go check the patents they have by simple search.

why fight with Scott? he's only stating obvious things here.... if you're so hell bent on the 3M, by all means, good luck.

Hey, if you can make it work for you, that's all that matters.

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Okay, just throwing it out there. Instead of the powder, is there any company researching how to take a scan using pretty much sonar technology to detect hard surfaces giving a true margin line?

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Okay, just throwing it out there. Instead of the powder, is there any company researching how to take a scan using pretty much sonar technology to detect hard surfaces giving a true margin line?
Umm. Vexilar;)

Top Bottom