Denturist

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope you are doing great.
I am thinking to join a school to study a Denturist but I get a problem I live in Connecticut this cerification unfortunately doesn't work here.
What do you suggest to get this cerification ( relocate to other state that approved this certificate? )
Other questions is there any online denturist courses?

Thanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Come to oregon! Welcome to the forum. If you want to be a denturist, youre going to have to move out west.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
It's not easy to move actually as you know( whole family and kinds)
I have good experience in denture I work since 1998 till now.
I'd like to share with you I am not young (45 years) sometimes I feel I get older to go to school again but at the same time I want to improve my knowledge and revenue as well.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Dude, you have no idea. Ive moved over 10x in the past 10 years. From FL to ID, from ID to europe, from Europe to ID. With 2 kids and 2 dogs. Home and lab. Its always easier to stay put, and you will always get what you have now. The west is a different world. I can tell you the school in Oregon is about $35k and 2 years.. I thought about doing it because they offer distance learning.. but Im not sure if it would increase my income that much, at least initially. If you have an extra $50-75k under your mattress, you could get the license and open shop... but you would have to live in the right state.

There are many denturists on this site and im sure they will chime in with their experience. My town of less than 10k people has one denture clinic, who will not be there much longer if I had to guess.. but marketing to the general public and competing with over a dozen other dentists marketing budgets is not something I would consider at this point.

Bottom line: Where does your passion lie?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the ADA, prosthodontists and many general dentists will think you are pond scum. Even the ones who dont do dentures. How dare you try to do something that they do with less schooling and debt. Laugh

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Thanks again dude. I think I got your last point

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
If you think you are on the block now, it won't be long until you are in your late 50's. Dentures are in. They will be in for at least 10 more years. MO because young adults are currently losing their teeth-ALL of them. I see mostly job offers for experience denturists out West, so. Go for it now before you are in the limbo years. Oregon is gorgeous!

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
What about jobs it's available in Oregon?
Just in case when I move I have to work and study.
Thank guys

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Denturists do very well in Canada and are well respected amongst the dental community here.

We also have Burger Kings here now.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
There are lots of lab jobs available out west. Small towns in the northwest are expanding rapidly as the rats jump ship in Cali. No offense to rats.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
There are lots of lab jobs available out west. Small towns in the northwest are expanding rapidly as the rats jump ship in Cali. No offense to rats.

I beg your pardon Affinity! Some of us ARE fighting the good fight in Rainbow Central. On the other hand, you might find rats to be on the most respected list, especially compared to the California Conservative. Otherwise unknown to anyone but Unicorns.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Could you please guide me to few towns that have a lot of lab jobs in Oregon? I'll be appreciate.
If I will move I'll fly a lone first to start job and rent a apartment then I'll bring my family finally.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Craigslist.org google.com adhuntr.com
Let you fingers do the walking.

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Anyone has an idea about Maine state because they have Denturist cerification.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Too close to canada eh

Top Bottom