Case Presentation

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
nice work,but I would use LT ingots and layer rather than HT's add more life to it.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Really like the incisal highlights and surface texture, finish.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
like how you added more chroma on the cuspids and the occlusal morphology. A+ on the photography as well

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thanks for the kind comments.
I haven't warmed up to the Lt ingots much. Because I'm only doing facial cutbacks , the Lt's seem too opacified for my taste.
Photography is fun. I think it goes hand in hand with the never-ending journey of progress.

Smilemaker1234

Smilemaker1234

Reaction score
Very nice .
I would love to see your cutbacks.
I assume you had light stump shades?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Looks very nice but i am interested in some mouth foots maybe the HT turns to gray there but its just a guess.

sometimes to fast photos

Last edited:
Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Nice work, bravo!
What is the name of the wax did you use?

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
Beautiful work !!! thanks for sharing. would love to see intraoral shots. I really like your smile design details in the light reflections.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Wax is Renfert Avantgarde mint-opaque occlusal. I like Hi-Tech blue margin wax to seal with.
These are cross sections of facial cutback style. About .5 incisal half, .2-.3 cervically on anterior and more of a scoop into facial on the canine to leave most or all incisal edge in mono. I do cutback after pressing. May start to do some in wax, emax is so hard to grind.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
looks lovely what colours did you use Mike

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Beautiful work...especially like the contacts and their placement, then again those incisal embrasures are pretty d@mn sexy too!!! I'm curious what it looks like in the mouth (profile shot-hairline to chin). Why you ask? Because as someone else eluded too, the HT's come out too grey. Which might work out great in an older persons mouth, while the LT's mask out the preps and if you stain the core/cutback appropriately before layering it increases the value (less grey) for final delivery. I throw that out there more as a question to everyone, keeping in mind I don't see a ton of final/clinical deliveries so you may change my mind on this.

corona

corona

Reaction score
nice work ! if you can do that with V ingots then you should give the LT a try . youll do fine . nice photograghy. IF you are just using the Value ingots , dont the shades come out different if the stumps are discoloured or different ? corona

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Corona,
The only time I have trouble with value ingots and show through is if facial is less than 1mm in reduction and ND shade is 6 or 9. Value ingots are medium translucency and if you go with V2 or V3 they will cover most anything if they are at least 1mm thick.