Difference between Bruxzir and 3M All-Zirconia

D

DavidF

Reaction score
I am getting a crown placed on a second molar (#15) and have decided to go with a monolithic zirconia crown. Is there any difference between Bruxzir and 3M All-Zirconia for this purpose?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I am getting a crown placed on a second molar (#15) and have decided to go with a monolithic zirconia crown. Is there any difference between Bruxzir and 3M All-Zirconia for this purpose?

Disturbed, you wanna field this one?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Full Contour Zirconia will explode if you don't brush your teeth.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Probably not enoughto really notice. What really matters is who makes it. Lots o of mediocre labs. Your best bet is to have your doctor send it to me! Best full monolithic zirconia crown you'll find!

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
What's a Bruxzir?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I think he is having to sit the bench for a month.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Well since no one really answered your question, not even me, I'll answer it.
Bruxir is a Brand name, Just like 3M. Its all the same.
But just like riley said, It depends who makes it.

A poorly fabricated crown can be devastating. Inquire about the lab the doctor uses and if he doesn't mind, suggest one for your case.
If he argues, tell him that's how its done in Germany. If he doesn't like you anymore, find another doctor.
Then do your Due Diligence on a lab. And don't let the doctor pay less than $180 for your crown or it increases the possibility of it being poorly made.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I made Disturbed go into Timeout for giving me to many Dislikes for writing the word zirconia in posts.... lol

C

charles007

Reaction score
The main difference is these 2 materials is who the dentist is,,, and who the lab is...
There are good and bad plumbers. electricians, car mechanics, dentist and the labs they use..
I know that's of no help, but you asked the question.... This is a website for lab technicians and dentist that chime in, and not to give advice to patients in that someone could give out really bad advice.
Bottom line, either material is fine. Personally I would use emax on a molar on myself if there was enough reduction, and bonded in if possible.

Last edited: