Deep fryer for boilout?

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
has anyone used a deep fryer for a boilout tank?
Huge savings compared to a conventional boiler...

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
And when they go out U just recycle and hit the Goodwill for another one, they come in colors too. I drain mine into a 7gal bucket and wipe with a paper towel. Not hi production but works for boil out, but I wouldn't use itt for processing.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Have a guy here that uses a commercial fryer for boil-out and a nesco Roaster for a curing tank works great!

A

Alberta Denturist

Reaction score
I'll take my Labormat SD over a deep fryer, 10min and the flasks are boiled and washed and first coat of separator is almost dry.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and the lab will continually smell of french fries.

i vote +1. implement this immediately. /signed

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
downside to deepfryer,electric anyway, is heating element is in the water and builds up crud.

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score
Turkey Roaster works well. we used one for a long time

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I was looking at the new deep fryers. Most have a temperature control which will go down to 250 while would be suitable for a boiling water bath. So hey for 29 bucks it is a good spare unit. The element and temperature controls remove easily for cleanup. Can also use them to cure dentures too. Probase hot for one hour from cold start. So for occasional dentures they might be ideal. Compact and easily stored.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Some models have removable elements for cleaning the tank out. If you sop up most of the molten wax with pater towelletes then it is a breeze ot clean up. Another nice thing about these type is that you can use a gravy boat to wash the models wax off with a stream of water.

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
if you are using 20 min heat cure, its pretty easy to process in a deep fryer

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
If you season the denture well, i'm sure it taste good.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Here's a look at our turkey roasting boil out tank. Nothing fancy but it get's the job done for our amount of production. I can boil out and have the first coat of separator on 12 flask in 25min. or so.

No Kavo but also only cost me about $400 and its a HELL of a lot easier to clean! 3 min in the morning and this bad boy looks like brand new!

We cure in a Kitchen Kraft Canner as mentioned above putting total cost of a boil out and curing unit at $750. Cant beat that considering we just started our 6th year on the same Canner and on our 2nd roaster.

BoilOut_zps0af32ebc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry for the BIG Image...

A

alanklen

Reaction score
The temperature and element controls remove easily for clean-up. Can also use them to cure dentures too. Probase hot for one hour from cold start. So for occasional dentures they could be perfect. Compact and readily stored.

D

dborla01

Reaction score
That is amazing that a salesman wanted to sell a 5K unit....We had a guy from a plaster and stone supply company come in last summer....arrogant as all hell. It is amazing to see this kind of attitude displayed toward dental professionals. Banghead

Top Bottom