soft tissue models

S

sampson

Reaction score
Hi
can anyone provide info. regarding the construction of soft tissue models / models with soft tissue inserts. / plaster with pink silicone
i have recently come across them and wondered how to construct one
thanks
Karl

Last edited:
D

Denturetech

Reaction score
Get your self a tube of Gingifast or what ever. Put about 4 coats of GI-MASK on your impression. Add the Gingifast to the impression. Wait alittle for it to set. Pour model.

A

adamjhuathan

Banned
Reaction score
There are products to add to plaster to harden the surface, Sculpture House has some thing, also bone meal too I believe. It's usually the case where the surface needs hardening rather than structural strength against breaking in half.
I have an antique standing angel, a huge station of the cross statue base, a station of the cross, and an antique nativity lamb, all made of plaster and very fragile. The lamb was somehow cast hollow yet has solid legs to the base. The angel is solid and one wing was broken off, I restored it by drilling a hole for a long screw, winding wire and fiberglass cloth strips around the nail, and building of wet plaster around that and shaping it.

best weight loss pills

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
There are products to add to plaster to harden the surface, ...[/url]

In this situation, we desire to create models that mimic the "soft tissue," so the hardness is not a concern.

I use GI-Mask. The kit comes with a silicone spray (to keep the material from sticking to the master impression). It comes in a cartridge, the same as PVS impression material. I syringe it (using the small tip) around the necks of the implants and an area 5-8mm around to capture the tissue contour. It sets very quickly (sometimes almost too quickly, you need to hussle). Then I use a sharp #25 BP blade and cut the material clean and straight at right angles to the impression surface, so the "tissue moulage" can be removed from the final cast and replaced as needed. Pour in favorite stone. Viola.

S

sampson

Reaction score
THATS what i was looking for - thank you all

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
For implants I do the following to make a model with a soft-tissue and removable adjacent teeth.

Squirt the GI Mask with the gun around the implant(s) in impression. The height is up to the junction of implant-to-abutment..and add just a little. You really want maximum surface area of the exposed implant analog to be locked or held into your base stone. Often, hard grinding on metal/Zirconia will "chatter" the stone and break the analog out of position. Don't cover the implant analog with too much GI mash in the verticle dimention. If you think you added too much GI mask, then cut it rather then wiping it. For the width of the GI mask.....you want it to cover all of the gingiva on both sides and into the adjacent teeth maybe just a little. When it gets hard, trim with a knife perpendicular to the implant, just at the neck of adjacent tooth. A special burr is needed to trim this soft silicone material in the actual socket if you want a smooth surface to wax against. It looks like a very agressive burr, like a porcupine. Nothing else cuts it worth a darn in a rotory instrument and a knife leaves a very ragged surface, not kind to wax.

Next, I pour stone on both sides on the GI Mask, and hand drop brass pins into the stone. Then, cut some more "keys" or shapes into stone when it gets hard. I write names, and shapes to be creative....slap on some lube and flip the whole enchliata into a base mould with vac-mixed stone.

You can then just pull out the side pieces, and the analog stays in the base.

Very easy working model for implants. You hand-set the pins in wet stone. I have no idea how some labs are grinding the interprox-contacts on a solid model. Which contact do you grind?? I can't work like that.

I wish our customers would PLEAAAAAAAASE do this. The solid models for implant cases are next to worthless!!!

Hard/impossible to scan without removable adjacent teeth sometimes.

Scott

Last edited:
Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I have no idea how some labs are grinding the interprox-contacts on a solid model. Which contact do you grind?? I can't work like that.
I wish our customers would PLEAAAAAAAASE do this. The solid models for implant cases are next to worthless!!!
Hard/impossible to scan without removable adjacent teeth sometimes.
Scott

We use solid casts with very few problems. We also use a solid cast for contacts of regular cases. The only real issues are when the path of insertion conficts with the contacts. I have no problems scanning a solid model for YZ copings over implants, I just remove the soft tissue and have at it....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Pronto, I'm talking about scanning to make an abutment, not the coping over an abutment. The ginvigal area needs to be scanned.

Last edited: