Zirconia sintering furnace

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this oven?
What do you think compared to Dekema / MihmVogt. It has the same elements as Dekem not as MihmVogt ...
Entech.jpg
Entech.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Those are not the good Kanthal elements.

I think the good Ones are called Kanthel Super 1900, or something like that?

Those are the cheapest Kanthal elements you would be able to use, if I am not mistaken?

Not best MoSi2 versions , but the other cheaper form of elements. Only Si-Carbide, kinda like a porcelain furnace or even a regular brun-out furnace....and not like most all other sintering furnaces
Anyone??

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this furnace. But, there are several things I don't like.
I definitely prefer bottom entry for more even heat distribution
The heating elements are NG. You want MoSi2. In addition, the heating elements should have a max firing of 1800 degrees. You don't want to fire these ovens to the max with every cycle.
Mihm Vogt and Sintra are Both better choices.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
This company developed once this oven.
It has capacity of up to 3000 units (maybe a little too big for most :))
Nobel've used them for many years.
Therefore, it feels like they know what they're doing.
But it does not mean that the oven is good.

Attachments

• Entech 2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
S

STJDENT

Reaction score
It has Kanthal Super 1900 elements.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
No, no you're right. I just added another one but discuss the first furnace.
What experience have Kara of the SiC elements?

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Most if not all prefer MoSi2 elements and I are on the same track.

Many also think Dekema is possibly the best oven a little too pricey perhaps.

What I can see they are using the SiC elements. How is it?

Have I might have missed something?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know?

I prefer MoSi2 myself, and the Kanthal SUPER 1900 are good elements, but also SUPER expensive.

I use Chinese furnace now for over Six years. We have bought and sold now close to Twenty units and all are working just fine.

No complaints. You buy what you want??

If you are sintering 1000 units a day, then go buy the furnace you posted? IF not, then it is a complete waste of $$ and electricity I think?

heat = heat. I don't care how much it costs....if it works, then great! Most all furnace use the same thermocouple. S-type.

Very accurate, even the Chinese brand use the same thermocouple. Works just as good as expensive European units IMO.

Scott

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Yes, Scoot,
I think the Super 1900 are about $3K. Or maybe a little more.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
I sinters nothing right now. I'll invest in some milling machine and so want to learn about sintering furnaces.
I'm no expert or have any experience of that kind. Therefore, I am extremely grateful for all your advice.
I posted various types of ovens becaause I thought it might be interesting for someone to see what is available but getting up to 1,000 units a day is far away what I am looking for ...

I know your ovens. Have followed your posts here for a while and think they seem to be perfectly fine. But they have absolutely hottest colors ....

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Mihm Vogt makes some of the best sintering ovens and burn out ovens in the world. We partnered with them in the United States because of this. Up to you what you buy, but Bob is right, you do not want to fire at the furnace's maximum temperature everyday. It is smart to have the ability to go higher. PS. Not all thermocouples are equal. The metal types may be the same, but the metal purity, the gauge and the tip make a difference, so does the sheath around the thermocouple.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I went for a cheap sintering oven in the beginning. Intermittent discoloring of Zr units due to cheap elements and finally, after four months of use, the motherboard caught fire!? Lol

Now I have a Mihm Vogt. I don't even think about sintering anymore. Just load up the tray and hit start. Just like flipping a light switch on and off. Nothing more necessary. Perfect results every time. The peace of mind and quality end result is worth it to me.

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Mihm Vogt makes some of the best sintering ovens and burn out ovens in the world. We partnered with them in the United States because of this. Up to you what you buy, but Bob is right, you do not want to fire at the furnace's maximum temperature everyday. It is smart to have the ability to go higher. PS. Not all thermocouples are equal. The metal types may be the same, but the metal purity, the gauge and the tip make a difference, so does the sheath around the thermocouple.

I've have a Mihm Vogt burn out oven for five years now(for the casting of titanium). Works just perfect. Love it!

What I do not understand is Dekema.
Costs twice as MihmV. the maximum burning temperature 1600 ° C (working near max temperature),the SiC note MoSi2 elements.
There is a saying "you get what you pay for". Is it really so? After all the facts I do not understand what you get from a Dekema...

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Dekema built it's name from it's ceramic oven line. Great ceramic oven, but I know little about their sintering oven. Tough one. Where are you located, maybe we can schedule a demo?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

I would arrange it, but you are obliviously out of my area....Send me a private message with all of your information and I will forward it to Mihm Vogt. They will have someone get in touch with you.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Then you posted the wrong pic.

This is what comes in the furnace in the pic above, and they are terrible for Dental Zirconia. IMO

Just ask Kara on this board...

Kanthal Globar SiC heating elements — Kanthal

Here is what Nabertherm told me:

"We have had complaints [about elements] only in the US market. It seems that there is a reaction between furnace components and charge which results in shorter service life of the heating elements. It might be a reaction also between silicium of the heating elements and the coloring liquid." popcorn

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Can anyone address the quality of the Ivo clar Prog. S1 sintering furnace?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Can anyone address the quality of the Ivo clar Prog. S1 sintering furnace?

I have one . The quality is awesome . Zero issuses so far . Very consistent results regarding color , and generally the overall result of the sintering. As Jason said above , I just hit start and wait for it to finish the cycle . Plus , the size is like a pressing oven .

Last edited: