• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Milling Implant Temp PMMA restoration vs. Libraries

Discussion in 'Amann Girrbach North America' started by AnAppleaDay, Oct 2, 2017.

1. AnAppleaDay

AnAppleaDay New Member Full Member

Hello all,

I have a Motion 2 and want to know what the best workflow would be to scan, design and mill a PMMA temporary restoration on implant.

I don't believe I can scan the temporary cylinder in its entirety and also capture the tissue contours.

We would be doing this mainly for Nobel Biocare implants, so is there a library we can get that has the Nobel Temp. Cylinder? That way, we could scan a scan body, match it to the library and see the tissue and the full detail on the cylinder.

Thanks for your help

2. PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL Member Full Member

In exocad?

Setup case as anatomic crown in PMMA and select yes on scan gingiva separately.

First scan will be model with soft tissue and no temp cylinder.
      Second scan will be model with temp cylinder and no soft tissue.

Then proceed as usual.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. DESS-USA
      Thinking

DESS-USA Member Sponsors Full Member

How will the pieces work together properly - nobel does not provide a temp library file.
      What about doing this with a ti base and scan body and have the library files and make it simple for you.
      check out www.dess-usa.com and look at the scan bodies and ti bases for nobel- engaging and non engaging, and ontop of multiunit and we have them for active, replace, branemark and 13 other implant systems - And FDA approved too

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. AnAppleaDay

Thanks for the explanation. Seems straightforward enough.
      We'll give it a try!

5. AnAppleaDay

I like this option and I also agree a part from library would fit much better, but the customer is adamant we use original components only, so we won't be able to go this route.

6. 2thm8kr
      Devilish

2thm8kr Beanosavedmysociallife Full Member

Sometimes it is worth the effort to do it more than one way and let the client judge for themselves if OE parts are worth the trouble for every case. I've converted several zealots this way.

• Creative Creative x 1
    7. DESS-USA
      Thinking

DESS-USA Member Sponsors Full Member

I like the approach. I wrote a whole FAQ section on our website that needs to be updated about the superior quality that a FDA approved aftermarket manufacturer such as DESS can provide clients who are open minded to using these types of components.

8. Drizzt

Drizzt Well-Known Member Full Member

You can scan the Ti cylinder and declare it as manual positioning . I have made over 3000 restorations like that in all materials . Works every time .

9. Andrei

Andrei New Member

I'm tryin myself to make 2 temp on nobel replace, in sirona, with pmma, I was wondering, if I treat a ti base as reg prep, and make margin, scan gingiva, and make the screwhole myself, will work?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk