Zubler Vario Press 300 problem

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a vario press 300 and the first press that I have tried isn't working. I'm trying to press EMAX with an ALOX plunger
I've run program 29 and 31 which is Emax Press and Emax Press HT.
The platform rises and then at the LOAD RING stage, its flashing in red "LOAD RING!!!" at the bottom of the screen

The time isn't moving and nothing is happening.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advanced.

Max

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Don't worry, I think it's worked out.

Teeth R Us

Teeth R Us

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes, also looking at the zubler

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
First press cracked. I'm probably going to go with because the ring was in and out of the burn out and the pressing furnace for 3 hrs while I was trying all different things to get the machine to press. I saw cracks in the ring before it actually pressed but thought if try it anyways.

I'm expecting teething problems ( miss presses/cracked rings/ mixing ratios etc )

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what was the original issue?

A

Anonymous-Coward

Reaction score
From the Manual: If the temp of the oven is below 700 degrees it will need to go through a preheat cycle before you load the ring.

Do not load the ring first. Start the program, wait for preheat to finish. When 'load ring' appears press the green button. Platform lowers. Load the ring and press the green button. Platform raises and program starts.

As I remember, the manual is less than clear about this procedure. They are a fine oven, but like most German products they are significantly over-engineered, and under-documented.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a vario press 300 and the first press that I have tried isn't working. I'm trying to press EMAX with an ALOX plunger
I've run program 29 and 31 which is Emax Press and Emax Press HT.
The platform rises and then at the LOAD RING stage, its flashing in red "LOAD RING!!!" at the bottom of the screen

The time isn't moving and nothing is happening.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advanced.

Max

load the ring and press the green button?

user name

user name

Reaction score
From the Manual: If the temp of the oven is below 700 degrees it will need to go through a preheat cycle before you load the ring.

Do not load the ring first. Start the program, wait for preheat to finish. When 'load ring' appears press the green button. Platform lowers. Load the ring and press the green button. Platform raises and program starts.

As I remember, the manual is less than clear about this procedure. They are a fine oven, but like most German products they are significantly over-engineered, and under-documented.

NO! That's not how its done!!! You don't use the green button!!!

Push the green/start button to start the press program. It will beep a signal letting you know its time to load the ring. Just let the oven sit there 5-10 minutes so the muffle is fully heat soaked. Then push the DOWN button, grab your ring, set it on the platform and push UP. You will get better results if you use disposable plungers.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Max,

You should call me 972-600-9187. I can help you. Did you buy a used oven? These do not sound like programs we put on the furnace. My information is below.

Last edited:
SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I bought it brand new. And you are right. It says nothing in the manual that I received about how to actually start the program.

I called the place where I bought it from and it took them a little bit to tell me to press start, then when it says "load ring" press the down button and then place the ring and ingot and plunger in then press the up button.

I'm
Used to the ivoclar machine, just load the ring and start.

I made a mistake in the first post. It's program 28 (emax press) not 29.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
From the Main Menu:

Run Program -> Press Enter
Select the desired Program -> Press Enter
If you have chosen to run a press program,
when the furnace says "Load ring" - push the table DOWN button
After you have loaded the ring press the UP button
After the program has finished running and the ring is removed from the table, press the UP button to close the furnace and keep it warm.

Max, you still need to call me.

Chris

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Chris, I will be calling from Australia, I'll have to get the time difference figured out before I call. Thanks for your help.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Chris I just tried to call but realised its 7pm your time. I'll have to call you before 6am my time.
I am getting a pretty heavy reaction layer on my pressings.

At the moment, the settings on program 28 (EMAX PRESS HT)

Start temp 700c
Heat Rate 60c
final temp 915c
hold time 25:00
extra press time 0:00
max press time 15:00
pressure low
vacuum level 710mm
opening time 0:00

A little help please?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Max,

As I stated on the phone, the furnace you purchased does not have the LDS ADVANCED PRESS capability, so you will get a reaction layer. I emailed asking for more information on your unit and also contacted Germany on your behalf. They will contact your dealer and hopefully they will be able to upgrade your unit. Talk to you soon.

Chris I just tried to call but realised its 7pm your time. I'll have to call you before 6am my time.

Start temp 700c
Heat Rate 60c
final temp 915c
pressure low
vacuum level 710mm

A little help please?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score

Start temp 700c
Heat Rate 60c
final temp 915c
pressure low
vacuum level 710mm

A little help please?

Sikboy,

are you pressing 100g or 200g rings?

I just looked at my zubler programs (I don't get any reaction layer, and this is isn't the upgrade machine) and my hold time and max press time is much shorter.

100g Ring

Start Temp 700c
Heat rate 60c
final temp 910
HOLD TIME 15.00
Extra press time 0.00
Max Press Time 6.00
Pressure low
Vacuum level 720mm
opening time 0.00

200g ring

Start Temp 700c
Heat rate 60c
final temp 915
HOLD TIME 25.00
Extra press time 0.00
Max Press Time 8.00
Pressure low
Vacuum level 720mm
opening time 0.00

B

Brian Chahs

Reaction score
Sikboy,

are you pressing 100g or 200g rings?

I just looked at my zubler programs (I don't get any reaction layer, and this is isn't the upgrade machine) and my hold time and max press time is much shorter.

100g Ring

Start Temp 700c
Heat rate 60c
final temp 910
HOLD TIME 15.00
Extra press time 0.00
Max Press Time 6.00
Pressure low
Vacuum level 720mm
opening time 0.00

200g ring

Start Temp 700c
Heat rate 60c
final temp 915
HOLD TIME 25.00
Extra press time 0.00
Max Press Time 8.00
Pressure low
Vacuum level 720mm
opening time 0.00

I have new zubler 300 and this has advance pressing but the final is 885 not 915.. recently I am.having real bad short margins so I am going to raise the temperature to 890 and see if I get good margin. Are you making your margin sharp? Or thick?

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I dont use the pressing machine much at all, The last couple of presses have left a short margin similar to what you have been having Brian, but only short on the side where i have sprued. My margins are exactly waxed to where it should be with no bulking up at all.
My final temp is set at 910. I'm still playing around with the settings but that is only when I am pressing Emax which isn't very often at all.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Check the burn- out calibration as its crucial ! Also soak for 1 hour + if its 200g . At top temp.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I've pressed knife edge margins in mine. Are you running the warm up program prior to your first press?

If you never make a decision then your possibilities are endless.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I don't know what the warm up program is. I'll look into it. Also, after defeating, I'm getting sole crazy orange peel and a dark spot where the sprue is on the crown. Any ideas to help me out?

Top Bottom