Zubler updates...

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, had a question regarding the patent you spoke about earlier in this post. I was looking to make an informed decision on a pressing furnace and was intrigued with what you said regarding your patent on the advanced press function. I should have just called your company directly. I decided to go with Ivoclar's press based on the history of making furnaces. I started using it yesterday. I know you say you get no reaction layer, but I have to say I get so little with this furnace, it's no problem at all. Thanks again.

Ron

Ron
Hi Ron, this is Chris. Sorry for the slow reply, was celebrating the holiday when your post arrived in my email. Did you have a question or are you just thinking outloud?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Sorry we didn't have a chance to get you to try one. Glad to hear you are getting very little reaction layer. can you post a picture?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, had a question regarding the patent you spoke about earlier in this post. I was looking to make an informed decision on a pressing furnace and was intrigued with what you said regarding your patent on the advanced press function. I should have just called your company directly. I decided to go with Ivoclar's press based on the history of making furnaces. I started using it yesterday. I know you say you get no reaction layer, but I have to say I get so little with this furnace, it's no problem at all. Thanks again.

Ron

Ron

user name

user name

Reaction score
2 Cents...Ive had my Zublers updated with the LD Advanced program. Yes, its true there is no reaction layer. Thats the main reason I had the work done. Now that Ive been using it, I would say that eliminating the reaction layer is the last reason to have it done.

My presses are faster. I dont know the reasons for the following, but my shades are accurate and I dont need to guess an ingot lighter. There is no longer that annoying gray spot on some units where the spru was attached, and if its just a mono/ stain and glaze...one thin layer of glaze and the finish is beautiful. < that part I dont understand, because even if I pre-finish the surface identical to an old long-press unit, the new one glazes much nicer. Hmmm.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
I used to get that low value spot too. It's more to do with flow dynamics of the material and less on the oven I bet. the way I understand it, the crystals line up in the sprue and need to flow around the abutment, not directly into an axial wall. If it does, the cystals cannot tumble and what you are looking at after removing the sprue is a cross section of a bunch of lined up crystals. I saw this at the great New York meeting at an emax program. Regarding glaze, I get a good glaze with one coat, always have. BTW, did you use an ivoclar furnace before the zubler? Just curious due to the shade change you noted.

2 Cents...Ive had my Zublers updated with the LD Advanced program. Yes, its true there is no reaction layer. Thats the main reason I had the work done. Now that Ive been using it, I would say that eliminating the reaction layer is the last reason to have it done.

My presses are faster. I dont know the reasons for the following, but my shades are accurate and I dont need to guess an ingot lighter. There is no longer that annoying gray spot on some units where the spru was attached, and if its just a mono/ stain and glaze...one thin layer of glaze and the finish is beautiful. < that part I dont understand, because even if I pre-finish the surface identical to an old long-press unit, the new one glazes much nicer. Hmmm.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
No macro lens, so my picture is sh!t, sorry.
Sorry we didn't have a chance to get you to try one. Glad to hear you are getting very little reaction layer. can you post a picture?

Thanks,
Chris

user name

user name

Reaction score
Have always used Zubler Ron. Just updated them. The gray spot iscaused some what as youve stated, but its never there now. Im betting its because now the ingot is melted before it gets pressed rather than pressing as it melts??

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Still havent had a reply as to what the upgrade process involves, when i bought my Zubler in March (Skillbond UK) I thought it would have the upgrade and the technical staff didnt even know what it was!

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Could be user name. I would be concerned with overheating the material. Why risk it to save a couple minutes?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Could be user name. I would be concerned with overheating the material. Why risk it to save a couple minutes?

The ingots in a Zubler advance press are heated to a lower temp than in any other press. Chris has covered this before, so I wont risk misspeaking on the technical aspects, but my understanding is the temp is run up in the muffle fast and high. When you use the proper type of investment and a disposable plunger the whole mass heats evenly and gets the ingot to the proper temp and viscosity and then presses quickly and its done. Its not a concern that the temp inside the muffle is high. Its the temp of the ingot that they are targeting. Open up, remove and it quick cools. A disposable plunger doesnt retain heat like an alox. The silicon rings from Zubler are covered in fine ribs. The result is a 40% increase in surface area which aids in cooling. Im feeling a little like their water boy here, but its a system that works. Its not guess work.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Zubler tech stopped by to drop off a new vacuum control box due to my Roland having a weird voltage requirement to auto activate the Vac. Pretty awesome of Zubler to do that. I walked him out to his Van and saw a brand new Zubler press in the back. He opened the back door to the Van, unaware that I was sizing him up. I cracked a joke nervously about just leaving the press here with me... I thought to myself " Steve( the Zubler tech).. It would be so much easier this way buddy... Just leave it...." Then the glaze left my eyes and I realized Steve was about twice my size and looked like a no BS kinda guy so I hung my head, defeated, and walked back inside......

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Yes, you do sound like you are carrying water for zubler. No problem with that at all.
Regarding the pressing program, it sounds to mee like simply a different way of heating the muffle, right? If so, why wouldn't any other furnace maker copy the times/temps? sounds like a two stage firing program that goes real hot to less hot. Or is there more to it than that? good discussion

The ingots in a Zubler advance press are heated to a lower temp than in any other press. Chris has covered this before, so I wont risk misspeaking on the technical aspects, but my understanding is the temp is run up in the muffle fast and high. When you use the proper type of investment and a disposable plunger the whole mass heats evenly and gets the ingot to the proper temp and viscosity and then presses quickly and its done. Its not a concern that the temp inside the muffle is high. Its the temp of the ingot that they are targeting. Open up, remove and it quick cools. A disposable plunger doesnt retain heat like an alox. The silicon rings from Zubler are covered in fine ribs. The result is a 40% increase in surface area which aids in cooling. Im feeling a little like their water boy here, but its a system that works. Its not guess work.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Ron, 1. The temperatures for the programs are multistage. 2. The Advanced Press graph is in the brochure for all to see. 3. The programs are patented.

Yes, you do sound like you are carrying water for zubler. No problem with that at all.
Regarding the pressing program, it sounds to mee like simply a different way of heating the muffle, right? If so, why wouldn't any other furnace maker copy the times/temps? sounds like a two stage firing program that goes real hot to less hot. Or is there more to it than that? good discussion

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
No worries J. Steve is a super nice guy. You should have made him an offer.

Zubler tech stopped by to drop off a new vacuum control box due to my Roland having a weird voltage requirement to auto activate the Vac. Pretty awesome of Zubler to do that. I walked him out to his Van and saw a brand new Zubler press in the back. He opened the back door to the Van, unaware that I was sizing him up. I cracked a joke nervously about just leaving the press here with me... I thought to myself " Steve( the Zubler tech).. It would be so much easier this way buddy... Just leave it...." Then the glaze left my eyes and I realized Steve was about twice my size and looked like a no BS kinda guy so I hung my head, defeated, and walked back inside......

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Zublerusa, what is the patent number(s)? I would really like to see it, please, since you keep referring to it. Thank you.
Ron, 1. The temperatures for the programs are multistage. 2. The Advanced Press graph is in the brochure for all to see. 3. The programs are patented.

Last edited:
cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Oh well! i'm sure i will find out about the upgrade here in the UK one day, maybe the uk version of the furnace is not as important as those sold in the USA!

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
cheadlemick, email me your information and I'll get the guys in Germany to contact you. [email protected].

Oh well! i'm sure i will find out about the upgrade here in the UK one day, maybe the uk version of the furnace is not as important as those sold in the USA!

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Thanks i want the upgrade in the New Year hopefully! Love the furnace as well!

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
I see the info in the brochure pertaining to the patent on lithium disilicate, no info on your patent. I am asking for YOUR patent on the furnace program, and I think you know I am. Do you have an actual patent# or just a patent application#? If you work for zubler, you should have this info to share on the forum. If not, I guess I will look it up myself. Thanks.
Ron, take a look at the brochure, it explains everything. Here's the link: http://www.zubler.de/files/m_vp300e_en_110209.pdf

Top Bottom