Zubler scanner

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Master 2 3180" CL x Ring Gauge | eBay

I have Two Master Ring Gagues at work I could send ya.

They are very very accurate hole in steel.

You would need inspection software to measure the hole in your scan data, or try to measure some other way I guess?

I have Two that are measured down to a 100,000th of an inch, or around +/-.25um (Less than One micron tolerance at 20 degrees Celcius, or the standard temp. for measuring thingys)

Bolley gauge on monitor FTW

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
To answer that, you must first look at my balls Bob. :eek:

My scanner came with a certified ANSI BarBell test object to verify accuracy, along with a matching data file to be used for only that object and it's own serial number.

It is One of the most common ways to prove accuracy for optical measurements in short range.

Steinbichler can confidently claim with bragging rights to it's accuracy, and they even send customers a way to test it themselves.

Pretty cool, huh? It is an ANSI accepted method of measuring. Pretty much the only One that really means anything.

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0024_zps748446e9.jpg

Nice balls. The chicks must dig you:kiss:
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_DSC_0024_zps748446e9.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Lol I know Scott;) it's just when a guy is ordering Ti by the ton pretty regularly for bars, I listen:)

Quantity vs/ quality huh? OK then....

All I'm saying is the TDS is a cheap-a55 Chinese scanner.
I have never heard of anyone using that thing.
I think you found a good businessman, for sure.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Quantity vs/ quality huh? OK then....

All I'm saying is the TDS is a cheap-a55 Chinese scanner.
I have never heard of anyone using that thing.
I think you found a good businessman, for sure.

Who said his quantity wasn't quality? Your trying to manipulate things to your advantage. The TDS scanners were very old. He has much more advanced equipment he is using. Still don't understand you outright attack on this?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Lol. Look, I'm not mentioning him to be put on your chopping block. I was just impressed. Very educated, professional, nice guy. Shares a lot of info. That's all.

He ordered what was best at the time. As technology improved, he got it. Common sense, no? Especially when your milling the complicated geometries constantly throughout the day like he does.

Scott man, read between the lines here man. He started out with the TDS scanner when technology was lacking years and years ago. He evolves with technology like the rest of us. No matter what we all say or do if you don't have the equipment in your facility everything else is all sh!t. You need to open tour eyes to the rest of the world, just because things aren't done your way they aren't wrong.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, then what are we to learn from all this then?

I thought we were discussing a person who was described as "obsessed with extreme quality and precision"?

Then, turns out he has many of the absolute cheapest POS scanners from China?? Huh??

Please explain..... (Tyler, these scanners are only a few years old, and not as old as you make it sound. Maybe Two-Three years now?)

I very much respect Jason's quest for quality products, but...this story makes no sense to me at all. Sorry guys.

If you think you found something interesting, then please do tell!

So far, I don't see it. This guys does not sound like he is obsessed with extreme accuracy to me?

Why would he start off with the cheapest scanners on the planet then?? Go ahead and tell the story, if there is One.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ok, then what are we to learn from all this then?

I thought we were discussing a person who was described as "obsessed with extreme quality and precision"?

Then, turns out he has many of the absolute cheapest POS scanners from China?? Huh??

Please explain..... (Tyler, these scanners are only a few years old, and not as old as you make it sound. Maybe Two-Three years now?)

I very much respect Jason's quest for quality products, but...this story makes no sense to me at all. Sorry guys.

If you think you found something interesting, then please do tell!

So far, I don't see it. This guys does not sound like he is obsessed with extreme accuracy to me?

Why would he start off with the cheapest scanners on the planet then?? Go ahead and tell the story, if there is One.

Your just trying to create a lot of misinformation for some reason? Not sure why? I mentioned one scan out of 8 that you say is from china. Why do you only concentrate on that one? Why not the one I mentioned that he payed 100,000 for? Your actually the one not making sense? Odd actually?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Anyway, this was supposed to be a thread about another scanner I am trying out. Lets get back to that.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I am definitely Interested in producing to most accurate work I can. But, most of the scanners on the market are 5X-10X more accurate than an analog impression. So if its accuracy we are interested in shouldn't we really be adding more posts on IOS devices?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Jason.

The Zubler scanner looks good.

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Who said his quantity wasn't quality? Your trying to manipulate things to your advantage. The TDS scanners were very old. He has much more advanced equipment he is using. Still don't understand you outright attack on this?

He's just jealous! When anyone else does something he isn't with equipment he doesn't have it's automatic HATER mode.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that pretty damn crisp?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363623091.966317.jpg

Just got software and calibration set. Had to wait on IDS;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363623091.966317.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Does it come in colour?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I meant colour scanning.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I think the scanner does not discriminant against color or religion.

It will do "colored-scanning" just as well as White.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
What can we, as techs think of to set as a standard object to scan with for testing?

Something with perfectly round balls, but also contain sharp corners and some flat surfaces? Like a mini-implant?

Anyone with eyes can see flaws in a round ball, or a perfect cube. No need for fancy inspection software?

Other ideas? A group of mini implants would work. No?

S

sneezeface

Reaction score
How is the scan quality/speed comparing with the latest scanners in the market? i.e. 3shape, dentalwings, smart optics, identica etc.
Is the scanner running exoscan? Is there a full articulation option?

On a side note, have you checked out the DC5 mill from zubler as well?