Zirconia to Titanium interface table top mill

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Milling these cases absolutely requires a 5 axis mill. The fifth axis will accommodate the different angles of the screw access holes.
View attachment 4646
View attachment 4645
Roland DWX50 does this quite nicely.

CAP has amazing service and all of their staff is extremely knowledgeable. If you are just delving into this for the first time I would definitely get hooked up with them.

My take for small to medium sized labs is that you want to work with vendors and distributors that also have milling centers as backups. So ***, CAP, Talladium, Argen are all good resources.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
Bob, that is nice! I think if you cant afford a 5 axis go 4 axis and outsourse the odd complex case.

Labwa, you blokes in WA are just to rich for us NSW fellas ;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, that is nice! I think if you cant afford a 5 axis go 4 axis and outsourse the odd complex case.

Labwa, you blokes in WA are just to rich for us NSW fellas ;)

How much is the affordable 4 axis mill?

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
4 axis 20-25K, 5 axis is 35-40K at least for a Roland (maybe a bit more),imes & VHF

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
4 axis 20-25K, 5 axis is 35-40K at least for a Roland (maybe a bit more),imes & VHF

Just an FYI, $10K over 36 months is about $14 a day. Over 60 months it's only about $8.50 a day. This is based on 21 days in a month. An occasional hybrid custom abutment or screw retained FZ crown would more than cover the added cost. I just see it as a much smarter purchase.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
Point well made Bob, my budget just went up again!

IDS is going to be a battle ground for 5 axis , take a helmet!

I am and a cheque book ;)

Top Bottom