Zirconia dust

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I've always felt that the regular dust mask just doesn't cut it for zirconia grinding if at all for any porcelain or ceramic dust. I'm considering going with a respirator, what micron does fine zirconia dust fall under? Does anyone know?

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Good question. looking forward hearing an answer.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Why the dust is a problem if all zirconia fabricating procedures are under vacuum?.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've always felt that the regular dust mask just doesn't cut it for zirconia grinding if at all for any porcelain or ceramic dust. I'm considering going with a respirator, what micron does fine zirconia dust fall under? Does anyone know?
I wear a mask and have the vacuum running when ever I finish anything. I have worked with some old techs that had silicosis. I want no part of that.
Zirconia dust is very fine particles, if you feel you should be using something better to protect yourself, do it. There is no cure for silicosis.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I wear a mask and have the vacuum running when ever I finish anything. I have worked with some old techs that had silicosis. I want no part of that.
Zirconia dust is very fine particles, if you feel you should be using something better to protect yourself, do it. There is no cure for silicosis.
Yes I know this and I also follow same protocol. In order to get the most correct ppe, information must be aquired.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Picture of you at a party on South Beach Miami??

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! No Alcapone here! That's the visual I get with all this zirconia dust talk.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAH! No Alcapone here! That's the visual I get with all this zirconia dust talk.
It almost comes across as its not a viable concern. By almost I mean it does.