Zirconia dust after milling

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
To the guys with milling machines, do you have to brush or blow the zirconia dust off your crowns after milling them? Or does your mill do a good job of blowing the dust away?

maybe let me know which mill you are using and if the cam is different

I am using a Kavo Everest with go2cam (maybe my situation is different because it is a slightly modified machine)

Taylor

Taylor

Reaction score
We use ultra sonic, put them in a tray dip them start the machine and watch the dust rise. It get rid of all excess zr from intaglio of your crown and it only takes 10 sec.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Some say don't steam or ultra sonic green state zirconia.
But...
A couple months ago I had the pleasure of spending a couple hours with a young Japanese man from the R&D department of Noritake.
I had a million questions for him regarding our use with Noritake zirconias and porcelains here in the lab.
I got loads of useful info from him.
He said there is no change in the zirconias strength, structure, or color (PreShaded) when steaming or ultrasonic cleaning noritake zirconia.
They also prefer 3M liquids in their R&D lab at Noritake. Which is why we got the full kit and are loving it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Some say don't steam or ultra sonic green state zirconia.
But...
A couple months ago I had the pleasure of spending a couple hours with a young Japanese man from the R&D department of Noritake.
I had a million questions for him regarding our use with Noritake zirconias and porcelains here in the lab.
I got loads of useful info from him.
He said there is no change in the zirconias strength, structure, or color (PreShaded) when steaming or ultrasonic cleaning noritake zirconia.
They also prefer 3M liquids in their R&D lab at Noritake. Which is why we got the full kit and are loving it.

you had some fun with Hiro I see.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
brush, brush,brush in the suction , raw zircon dust is not harmless !!!

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
If you like zr dust all over your lab and lungs then wait your time with blowing and dusting... WHY?
Ultrasonic cleaner does the trick without the dust. Hold FCZ with plastic tweezers dip into distilled water than
turn on ultrasonic for 10 secs. turn off then remove FCZ, blot interior of FCZ with paper towel than blow of excess
water. dry for 10 mins heat lamp or conv. oven than color.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Mill is useless for blowing and cleaning, just good for milling. I Blow then Brush internal and occlusal then blow again.

Top Bottom