Zirconia CAD/CAM or Manual Mill

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
How many of the labs are using a manual zirconia mill (pantograph)?

LMT 2016 surveys indicate 100% of labs offer zirconia while 80% have in house Scanner/CAD.
Are the 20% of labs without a scanner outsourcing the Scan/CAD or manual milling in house?
ZirkonZahn still offers their pantograph.
Are the zirconia mill pantographs still being used ?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I have had a few calls inquiring about ZR for manual mills. All calls are from different countries no U.S labs.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have ZZ's pantograph since 2007. The pantograph was the perfect solution for me at the time. ( One man lab. ) Used it last about 8 or 9 months ago. It kept my blood pressure at normal levels countless times compared to someone else designing for me. I bought a scanner last October and use it for a lot of my work so the pantograph rests.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ken, in 2007 or 08, Sandy gave me a private course at ZirkonZahn on their manual mill. After milling several singles and one 3 unit bridge I
decided its just to tiring, and time consuming . Considering the high cost for a good sintering oven to mill manually, its to costly and labor wise.
I'm saying this assuming you can get your hands on a manual mill for almost nothing/$.
Before you invest, make several cases !

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Ken, in 2007 or 08, Sandy gave me a private course at ZirkonZahn on their manual mill. After milling several singles and one 3 unit bridge I
decided its just to tiring, and time consuming . Considering the high cost for a good sintering oven to mill manually, its to costly and labor wise.
I'm saying this assuming you can get your hands on a manual mill for almost nothing/$.
Before you invest, make several cases !
Never would buy one, I'm 100% digital. Trying to understand the market for the 20% of labs that don't own a scanner but do zirconia.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Never would buy one, I'm 100% digital. Trying to understand the market for the 20% of labs that don't own a scanner but do zirconia.
the offer zirconia that they buy from people like argen, where they send models and waxups and then bitch about the damn colour.

i have accounts that do this all the time. send me models, wax up ultrahuge units, and dont like the colour but continue to send me work.