Zimmer Eztetic

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you send the case to them...and its a case with multiple 3-unit bridges, along with multiple single units

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is the email I just sent to all the corporate leaders of 3i and Zimmer...maybe I was too harsh???

-
I don’t complain much, for one I don’t have the time and I believe it turns into a bitch session which serves no purpose. However, I have to step in here when it affects patients in my community and my Dentist clientele. Which brings to the question and concern I have, Why on Gods green earth does Zimmer offer an implant (Ezthetic) system that after a year STILL HAS NO cad/cam solution to it?...and who was the person that climbed the corporate ladder that brought this implant system to the market without a simple scan body or cam solution? I want that persons name, seriously, does any thought go into the end user when you come out with a new implant system? This is suppose to be the latest greatest thing Zimmer is offering and I’m about to chuck this 40K implant case out the door because I HAVE TO MAKE UCLA abutments on it. Is this not the dental digital age?...did you guys not get the memo? So I here I’m gonna sit on my Thanksgiving trying to make these implant abutments parallel so a cement retained restoration can be placed. Oh, and to top it off, the UCLA abutments cost me over $300 each and that’s just from you. Doesn’t even include the upcharge on the precious metal I have to use to cast these. I’m serious folks, do you not have any technicians on staff when you bring this to market? This is implant planning 101!!! As you can tell I’m upset, feel free to pass this on to whomever and wherever. I’m going be busy for awhile shaking my head in disbelief and missing my Thanksgiving.

Semper Fi,
Rob Teachout CDT, BSc
Patriot Dental Lab
http://www.patriotdentallab.com

Rob, since they don't offer a digital option, perhaps a hand written letter may be more appropriate than an email.:rolleyes:

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob, since they don't offer a digital option, perhaps a hand written letter may be more appropriate than an email.:rolleyes:
Ouch...You may be on to something there.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I guess in the end I'm just frustrated...I wanted a nice case to photograph for November, thought this was going to be the one, but I like anodizing abutments and making them look real sharp....not gonna happen.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Just in the benefit of the doubt department, I have worked with the likes of
Bob Vanard and Yota, and know them to be very helpful as tech support guys.
I won't pin the blame on the tech guys. I am sure they would have protested just
like you, but given the narrow diameter implant and difficulty milling thin walls,
corporate may have a reason not to want anyone else do this and screw the case up,
not that someone can't with an UCLA abutment.
More likely than now, someone in the business end of the hierarchy of things made that
decision than the tech guys.
Just my 2 cents worth.
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yeah if you send the case to them...and its a case with multiple 3-unit bridges, along with multiple single units

No way I would be working on this analog :)

Here is an idea

Mount the case scan the arch in exocad with the impression coping guide screws, Design the case with the emergence you need to full contour, Mill out of plastic and send that case off to be scanned and designed for custom abutments. internally.

You control the emergence and plan for success

Or go analog and set some denture teeth :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Just in the benefit of the doubt department, I have worked with the likes of
Bob Vanard and Yota, and know them to be very helpful as tech support guys.
I won't pin the blame on the tech guys. I am sure they would have protested just
like you, but given the narrow diameter implant and difficulty milling thin walls,
corporate may have a reason not to want anyone else do this and screw the case up,
not that someone can't with an UCLA abutment.
More likely than now, someone in the business end of the hierarchy of things made that
decision than the tech guys.
Just my 2 cents worth.
LCM
Oh I agree with you totally that there techs didn't have a loud enough voice or if they did nobody was listening. However, after a year...come on....and hey, maybe us bltching enough will get the higher ups to realize they need to get a move on making a cad/cam solution.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
No way I would be working on this analog :)

Here is an idea

Mount the case scan the arch in exocad with the impression coping guide screws, Design the case with the emergence you need to full contour, Mill out of plastic and send that case off to be scanned and designed for custom abutments. internally.

You control the emergence and plan for success

Or go analog and set some denture teeth :)
Nice idea, but not sure I'd trust the milling center to reverse engineer the abutments correctly. Have you done a case that way in the past?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hey Rob,
may I suggest the " Golden Zimmer".

p

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Nice idea, but not sure I'd trust the milling center to reverse engineer the abutments correctly. Have you done a case that way in the past?
What do you mean 'don't trust'? These are professional designers or something.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

I have never worked with Zimmer but I will bet you just about anything if you were to do that and send it to Bernard at Panthera they would hit a home run for you.

Not sure they mill this specific interface but I have yet have them tell me no.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
encode style healing caps coming to Eztetic line i believe.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Honestly Sir, they should have been included with the release of the implant.

Top Bottom