Zimmer Eztetic

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
What the hell decade are we in?? No scan body and no custom abutment option for the "latest and greatest" from Zimmer, UCLA only. What corporate ladder-climbing, ass kissing half-wit made that decision??

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
These guys

vT926KyrQ6n60.gif

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
improve like the best or die like the rest

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I think everyone needs to calm down.

1. Their new implant will actually incorporate something similar to Encode
2. Remember they still have to work out ALL of the kinks in their development / acquisition of 3i

I will say, they are horrendous with their corporate to client communication, but I have high hopes for them.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
A lot of hoops to jump through and a lot harder when you need FDA approval. Slowly but surely.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Another encode solution as though the dental labs need to be locked out of producing restorations for this system as well plus price points beyond logic. Dentist and surgeons need to wake up to these "marketing gimicks" from these implant companies that offer no real value add or better results.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What the hell decade are we in?? No scan body and no custom abutment option for the "latest and greatest" from Zimmer, UCLA only. What corporate ladder-climbing, ass kissing half-wit made that decision??
they are taking great leaps toward the 3i narritive of making things more challenging!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Any update to a cad/cam solution on this type of implant out there?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah, shame on Zimmer....here it is going on December and this type of implant (12 months since its release) STILL HAS NO CAD/CAM OPTION. So i get to spend my thanksgiving fking around with a UCLA...that cost me $300.00 each. Yeah, I'm PISSED, can you tell?!!!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Don't be pissed just change $750 for the abutment and see how fast your GP yells at his surgeon.

CAD/CAM helps not just our sanity but our clients checkbook as well.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yeah, shame on Zimmer....here it is going on December and this type of implant (12 months since its release) STILL HAS NO CAD/CAM OPTION. So i get to spend my thanksgiving fking around with a UCLA...that cost me $300.00 each. Yeah, I'm PISSED, can you tell?!!!!

I'd be pissed too.

This buy original mantra falls short when you have no digital options. $300.00 for a base and plastic 1'' long straw.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't be pissed just change $750 for the abutment and see how fast your GP yells at his surgeon.

CAD/CAM helps not just our sanity but our clients checkbook as well.
Does that include the metal fee?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
When you can charge $300 for a UCLA abutment, why would you want to offer other options?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Assuming it was used in an indicated site the amount of alloy would most likely be less than $30 bucks on that mini implant :)

I'm not sure the dr even knows what a ucla abutment is.
I had an office manager rip me a new one because she thought I charged for 2 abutments. The ucla and the finished abutment. Component fees and alloy fees seem to add to their confusion. Especially when you have implant reps suggesting the lab fees up front.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Totally agree, line itemizing parts, labor, + alloy is SMART. When they complain its easy to share that flat rate abutments can be made when we have a more direct path utilizing CAD CAM. I used it as a great marketing opportunity and inform them of our flat rate price for Zirconia and Titanium cad cam abutments as well as Hybrid style abutments. Sometimes its very confusing when they read a price list but some how when they are pissed they seem to understand the issue better.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This is the email I just sent to all the corporate leaders of 3i and Zimmer...maybe I was too harsh???

-
I don’t complain much, for one I don’t have the time and I believe it turns into a bitch session which serves no purpose. However, I have to step in here when it affects patients in my community and my Dentist clientele. Which brings to the question and concern I have, Why on Gods green earth does Zimmer offer an implant (Ezthetic) system that after a year STILL HAS NO cad/cam solution to it?...and who was the person that climbed the corporate ladder that brought this implant system to the market without a simple scan body or cam solution? I want that persons name, seriously, does any thought go into the end user when you come out with a new implant system? This is suppose to be the latest greatest thing Zimmer is offering and I’m about to chuck this 40K implant case out the door because I HAVE TO MAKE UCLA abutments on it. Is this not the dental digital age?...did you guys not get the memo? So I here I’m gonna sit on my Thanksgiving trying to make these implant abutments parallel so a cement retained restoration can be placed. Oh, and to top it off, the UCLA abutments cost me over $300 each and that’s just from you. Doesn’t even include the upcharge on the precious metal I have to use to cast these. I’m serious folks, do you not have any technicians on staff when you bring this to market? This is implant planning 101!!! As you can tell I’m upset, feel free to pass this on to whomever and wherever. I’m going be busy for awhile shaking my head in disbelief and missing my Thanksgiving.

Semper Fi,
Rob Teachout CDT, BSc
Patriot Dental Lab
http://www.patriotdentallab.com

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
This is the email I just sent to all the corporate leaders of 3i and Zimmer...maybe I was too harsh???

-
I don’t complain much, for one I don’t have the time and I believe it turns into a bitch session which serves no purpose. However, I have to step in here when it affects patients in my community and my Dentist clientele. Which brings to the question and concern I have, Why on Gods green earth does Zimmer offer an implant (Ezthetic) system that after a year STILL HAS NO cad/cam solution to it?...and who was the person that climbed the corporate ladder that brought this implant system to the market without a simple scan body or cam solution? I want that persons name, seriously, does any thought go into the end user when you come out with a new implant system? This is suppose to be the latest greatest thing Zimmer is offering and I’m about to chuck this 40K implant case out the door because I HAVE TO MAKE UCLA abutments on it. Is this not the dental digital age?...did you guys not get the memo? So I here I’m gonna sit on my Thanksgiving trying to make these implant abutments parallel so a cement retained restoration can be placed. Oh, and to top it off, the UCLA abutments cost me over $300 each and that’s just from you. Doesn’t even include the upcharge on the precious metal I have to use to cast these. I’m serious folks, do you not have any technicians on staff when you bring this to market? This is implant planning 101!!! As you can tell I’m upset, feel free to pass this on to whomever and wherever. I’m going be busy for awhile shaking my head in disbelief and missing my Thanksgiving.

Semper Fi,
Rob Teachout CDT, BSc
Patriot Dental Lab
http://www.patriotdentallab.com

You have a big bridge case with this fixture Rob? I thought this was a mini implant fixture 3mm style? ZFX states they can mill them

http://www.zimmerdental.com/pdf/zim_imp_ZD1638_Eztetic.pdf

Top Bottom