Ryan

Reaction score
Zubler USA has really nice milling wax!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion for a good alternative? Thanks

Hi Brett,

We (Ivoclar) just launched a new wax disc this week. "ProArt Wax Disc Yellow for Zenotec" It can be used in any 98.5mm mill. The nice thing about it is it behaves much more like an actual wax, right down to the ability to use the scraps just like any other inlay wax. It carves great as well, if you need to define anything after it comes out of the mill.

Here are the product codes for it. I believe it is priced exactly the same as the blue.
673963 – 16mm
673964 – 20mm

Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Nevermind. Computer glitch on their part. Thanks anyways.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick. My sales rep from Ivoclar who got the blue wax ordered for me said their would be a new wax coming out soon. Looking forward to trying it out!

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick. My sales rep from Ivoclar who got the blue wax ordered for me said their would be a new wax coming out soon. Looking forward to trying it out!

It is available now, I just checked with the Product Manager for Wieland.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I have plenty of milling wax for you guys!

98x10,12,14,16,18,20,25mm *BROWN = $10 ANY SIZE!

98x10,12,14,16,18,20,25mm *WHITE or *GREY = $13 ANY SIZE!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of milling wax for you guys!

98x10,12,14,16,18,20,25mm *BROWN = $10 ANY SIZE!

98x10,12,14,16,18,20,25mm *WHITE or *GREY = $13 ANY SIZE!
Don't know how it mills, but I've been liking the white for DX waxups!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
TD Grey wax Rocks. Mills like a mill wax but then modifies like a sculpting wax, it is amazing. Haven't tried their white wax though.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
TD Grey wax Rocks. Mills like a mill wax but then modifies like a sculpting wax, it is amazing. Haven't tried their white wax though.

I'm still in wax search mode, so maybe I'll give it a try. The Zenotec wax really is nice stuff, but a little expensive and a bit brittle. So far I've liked the CAP blue and brown wax, and Talladium's brown.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I'm still in wax search mode, so maybe I'll give it a try. The Zenotec wax really is nice stuff, but a little expensive and a bit brittle. So far I've liked the CAP blue and brown wax, and Talladium's brown.

I have tried TD brown, too acrylic based and fragile, I mainly use Talladium blue, but for my zirpress cases I end up using the TD grey. For Diagnostic i really like the Hi-Tech white, just like wax but very brittle if cutting veneers.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Sevan, for your follow up of waxes you like. When you say cutting diagnostic veneers (also full contour),do you mean you prep the diagnostic model, scan/design and then mill the wax patterns? Do you then put them on the cast, heat through them in some spots to tack it to the model, or do you do that, then duplicate it in white stone for a more rigid cast to send to the Dr?

edit: what I do like about the Talladium brown wax (for now),is that for me it works great for bridges, in that it is more stable and more accurate for those spans.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks, Sevan, for your follow up of waxes you like. When you say cutting diagnostic veneers (also full contour),do you mean you prep the diagnostic model, scan/design and then mill the wax patterns? Do you then put them on the cast, heat through them in some spots to tack it to the model, or do you do that, then duplicate it in white stone for a more rigid cast to send to the Dr?

edit: what I do like about the Talladium brown wax (for now),is that for me it works great for bridges, in that it is more stable and more accurate for those spans.

I mean a diagnostic white wax up for the Dr to show the PT what their teeth will look like before starting. Sometimes a veneer prep is done instead of a full crown, thin veneers brake very easily with the Hi-Tech white wax.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hi Brett,

We (Ivoclar) just launched a new wax disc this week. "ProArt Wax Disc Yellow for Zenotec" It can be used in any 98.5mm mill. The nice thing about it is it behaves much more like an actual wax, right down to the ability to use the scraps just like any other inlay wax. It carves great as well, if you need to define anything after it comes out of the mill.

Here are the product codes for it. I believe it is priced exactly the same as the blue.
673963 – 16mm
673964 – 20mm

Let me know if you try it and what you think.

The new yellow wax is great! Thanks!

Top Bottom