yellow np metal

O

odchamp

Reaction score
When asked for a non precious yellow coloured full crown i would go for NPG2 by albadent, are there any others on the market? and anyone recomend any one?

thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You asked a question and you deserve an answer in a non judgmental way. I know that these alloys exist but we have never used them in my lab. I do carry one extremely economical casting gold product called Y+ from argen.

Here is the link,

Alloy Details

O

odchamp

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i only do a few and hate doing them, maybe i will have a look at this argen one, what is the colour like? if its reasenable then hopefully they will pay a bit more and then happy days.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I have a friend that's used the yellow np- Albadent for many years trouble free. Personally can't bring myself into using it .
Ivoclar also makes a alloy like the one John is talking about... I did try it years ago with success.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i only do a few and hate doing them, maybe i will have a look at this argen one, what is the colour like? if its reasenable then hopefully they will pay a bit more and then happy days.

Color is decent for such a low gold content. In my opinion it looks more like copper or rose gold than some of the super pale low gold content alloys. Its benefit beside the decent price for a Nobel alloy is it yield compared to normal type 3 gold alloys.

O

odchamp

Reaction score
Thanks to you both, i will look into both options and hope i can use the Argen, just hope i can get the maths to stand up.

thanks

rolla

Z

zooropa

Reaction score
It was with great reclutance that I went down the NP Yellow route and to only 1 client.Try a sample of Sunray from Skillbond.

O

odchamp

Reaction score
Zooropa, many thanks i will order a sample and have a look.
many thanks

odchamp