Yellow Non-Precious

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I thought I'd share with you guys a little bit about Yellow NP. I found a button of Matech YNP in our safe.

I put the button in a test tube with hospital saline from an IV bag next door.(0.90%) This is obviously not the same as saliva, as it does not contain the digestive and antibacterial enzymes and other proteins or minerals present in real saliva.

I have a series of test tubes with ceramic alloys that I have had for about 20 years, and it's interesting to note the effects. Remember, this is just with the saline only, and not in the presence of any other alloy such as crowns, fillings etc. Any of these nearby would make the result even more dramatic.

The tube is in a rack in the closet. We'll check back in a few weeks :D

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_DSC_0110.jpg
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_DSC_0110.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
.....and you call us Mad Scientists :p
Seriously, I look forward to the results. Personally, I don't do yellow NP or any NP for that matter. I've heard talk of this 'medical grade' NP that doesn't oxide that I'm very interested in but heard it's only in it's infantile stages....unless someone knows more, please share, I'd love to know.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I love this kind of stuff!
Hey Mark,
How about showing some of the test tubes with the other alloys.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I don't care what you do to iron based alloys, you aren't going to change their electrical potential or the corrosion resistance. It's been the challenge of alchemy for thousands of years.

I do experiments all the time. Just not on people. Here is my 20 year ongoing observation of dental alloys. Our new specimen is on the left:

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_DSC_0111.jpg

YNP, NP, Ag-Pd, 51% Au, 76% Au
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_DSC_0111.jpg

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Mark,
Thanks for the post!
I think I'm going for a full mouth rehab using NP;)

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Makes one think twice about NP doesn't it? I wish I had of weighed the ingot when I put it in, and then weighed it now to see how much has shoulghed off. And that is just a simple saline solution in there.

If I did it again, and added an ingot of gold, I suspect the NP ingot wouldn't even be there.

Garbage.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Is it possible to re-create the conditions of the oral environment?
eg - acidity, temperature, sugar(cola) etc
the saline surely can't represent the real effects.
And - is there a college out there somewhere with an ongoing study like this ?
maybe they could share some results with us :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I used that crap for practice metal 33 yrs ago.I also practiced on paper clips for my pd's .

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Marks really working on cloning level 6 techs. The only reason he is trying to get Al to come to California is to steal his DNA for his diabolicle purposes. Al, watch out for black helicopters hovering around the back 40!

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Makes one think twice about NP doesn't it? I wish I had of weighed the ingot when I put it in, and then weighed it now to see how much has shoulghed off. And that is just a simple saline solution in there.

If I did it again, and added an ingot of gold, I suspect the NP ingot wouldn't even be there.

Garbage.

Guess this make you a mad scientis jus like us, cep we dont go to that extreme for 20 years. A true scientist would have weighed the ingots for mass, determine its volume, established a controlled volume of saline and recorded its mass the, place the tubes in a controlled state, ie: sealed to prevent evaporation, to ensure a controlled environment; temp. That way it would be easy to determine the rate of corrosion and change in volume of the samples.

M1 = Sm1+Bm1+Vm
Dmb= M1-bm

Where:
M1: Total mass (initial)
Sm1: mass of solute (initial)
Bm1: mass of button (initial)
Dmb: Delta mass of of button
bm: button from solute
Vm: mass of vial

Same can be done for volumetric changes. Btw whats your constant and control? And what are you doing with a button in your safe? LOL

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Guess this make you a mad scientis jus like us, cep we dont go to that extreme for 20 years. A true scientist would have weighed the ingots for mass, determine its volume, established a controlled volume of saline and recorded its mass the, place the tubes in a controlled state, ie: sealed to prevent evaporation, to ensure a controlled environment; temp. That way it would be easy to determine the rate of corrosion and change in volume of the samples.

M1 = Sm1+Bm1+Vm
Dmb= M1-bm

Where:
M1: Total mass (initial)
Sm1: mass of solute (initial)
Bm1: mass of button (initial)
Dmb: Delta mass of of button
bm: button from solute
Vm: mass of vial

Same can be done for volumetric changes. Btw whats your constant and control?

Sure get all technical on us

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
It's so much easier to experiment on patients[sarc off]

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Sure get all technical on us

Why not, we're scientists aren't we? :D Hey, I kept it simple, cause it can sure get technical,,,I havent even started talking molarity.:D:D:D

Last edited: