WTH Screw retain prob

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I do not believe any off the shelf dental cam accounts and compensates for tool wear.

Tooling is the easy part of the equation. its just the one most people do not want to deal with as it COSTS. If you stretch your tools you will waste material. If you see you are getting bad fits with similar strategies its telling you something???

Resellers will always tell you the thing that is the easiest path to success right?

There is a reason why the strategies that come prepackaged with the systems are all changing slightly
@RileyS

Did you unplug it, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in? :p

Missed this one, literally made me laugh, good job Kent

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I do not believe any off the shelf dental cam accounts and compensates for tool wear.

Tooling is the easy part of the equation. its just the one most people do not want to deal with as it COSTS. If you stretch your tools you will waste material. If you see you are getting bad fits with similar strategies its telling you something???

Resellers will always tell you the thing that is the easiest path to success right?

There is a reason why the strategies that come prepackaged with the systems are all changing slightly

Missed this one, literally made me laugh, good job Kent

Thanks John...and I agree...cutter compensation is rare in these CAM systems off the shelf. You usually have to have the ability to change the Post or the Macro to do all that. And that's a lot more advanced than off the shelf!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Okay my world wide interweb friends, I need some help.
Implant Direct interactive in 28 and 29 spots. Not ideally placed. Dr says splint them together. Can use his supplied abuts (which he used as impression transfers and i'm scared of how accurate they are as nothing really gripped into place that well). His abuts have zero margins and angle means I'm grinding one to a sliver.
My brain hurts from the previous months work. So i'd love some input.
Should I buy some "2-connect" parts? I've never used them. Do implants have to be a certain depth for margins to stay sub G? They are about 1.5-2mm deep.
Should I do parallel custom abuts?
Whats best?
Pics unfortunately make them look pretty parallel but they're not.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JC Splint 6.JPG JC splint 1.JPG JC Splint 2.JPG JC Splint 3.JPG JC Splint 5.JPG JC Splint 4.JPG

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi Riley, couldn't you perhaps treat them like Ti bases and relieve the engaging elements as needed or entirely on one. Bond and done.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about scanning and milling, hopefully and just select individual paths of insertion.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
If you're using individual paths of insertion, you can prep down and give a decent finish margin. Or you can hand them back and use Ti bases stating the labor involved wouldn't be cost effective.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hi Riley, couldn't you perhaps treat them like Ti bases and relieve the engaging elements as needed or entirely on one. Bond and done.

I'm assuming you're talking about scanning and milling, hopefully and just select individual paths of insertion.

I'd thought about using them as Ti bases. but there's just no margin and i don't think they'd mill well. If i did, you'd just need to grind off the points of the hex at the interface?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I'd thought about using them as Ti bases. but there's just no margin and i don't think they'd mill well. If i did, you'd just need to grind off the points of the hex at the interface?
Yes or convert one to non-engaging. Also depends how low you need your margin to actually be, no a major esthetic zone.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Not^

Top Bottom