WTF...and I mean it.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Some of those at the bottom of the class become Professors...
We did work for Georgetown U Dental School for a couple of years before they closed. Without a doubt, some of the worst preps/impressions/bites were sent in by the professors. Reminds me of the old adage - "Those that can do; those that can't teach."

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm using that in the facepalm thread.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
We did work for Georgetown U Dental School for a couple of years before they closed. Without a doubt, some of the worst preps/impressions/bites were sent in by the professors. Reminds me of the old adage - "Those that can do; those that can't teach."

FWIW, I am a part-time faculty at a grad program in a Texas Dental school and I do not speak
for the school or the program.
The only reason I am still going there against all odds is because of the program director
and his team of dedicated warriors soldiering on to help maintain the educational competencies
of the prosthodontists we graduate. I have heard of bad outcomes in dental schools but being
a teaching institution, that is part of the package. And alot of times, the faculty would have to
stand in to take the bullet for the students who are still learning.
As in everything in life, there will always be the good and 'sub-optimal' apples. Trust me, I know
there are so many who stay for the mission longer than their health will allow . . . for the sake of the team.
LCM

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
FWIW, I am a part-time faculty at a grad program in a Texas Dental school and I do not speak
for the school or the program.
The only reason I am still going there against all odds is because of the program director
and his team of dedicated warriors soldiering on to help maintain the educational competencies
of the prosthodontists we graduate. I have heard of bad outcomes in dental schools but being
a teaching institution, that is part of the package. And alot of times, the faculty would have to
stand in to take the bullet for the students who are still learning.
As in everything in life, there will always be the good and 'sub-optimal' apples. Trust me, I know
there are so many who stay for the mission longer than their health will allow . . . for the sake of the team.
LCM
Sorry to have painted everyone with my glittering generality. I'm sure there are many dedicated teaching professionals who are more than competent - its unfortunate that such was not my experience. Keep up the good fight...

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Totally agree, high scores in exams is hardly a reflection on the ethical standards, hand skills, or plain old common sense!
Like what John McCain said recently - he graduated at the bottom of his Naval Academy it seems and not afraid to admit that.
Humility is so hard to come by in this age of web reputation, viral posting and other online counts.
LCM