Wish me luck

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
I will be failing the test this weekend, since all my accounts decided to go and get all super busy. I wish I could use my RG test I took almost 20 years ago! well at least I will probably pass the practical and specialty test
Im on page 100 of the Air force manual :(
please send good test juju my ways

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I wish you the best I suppose U are taking the CDT? Just wondering why after waiting so long?

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Woah that was a long day, I hope I passed the Comprehensive. If I did it was by one or two points.

I got to hear the Instructors arguing over whether they thought I cheated by bringing in models with bands on them during my comprehensive exam! I spent 1 hour of the time prepping and seating those bands, way too long... thats why they looked so good
I also heard "I don't mind that she did that do you?" And I was like what?? What??
and some more it was very distracting while I was trying to concentrate but it was hard not to try to listen

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
It sounds like the practical is still monitored by amateurs, but it is hard to get good help. When I took the CDT back in 77 the guy next to me told the tester he was an instructor for MN, they argued (his stuff was not finished or even fair) I saw him at a meeting called the MAC and he told me he got 4 specialties that day for his job. I dropped the CDT in 80, I've never had a DDS ask me about it, only other CDT's. Why did you go for it after so many years?

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Well Ive always wanted too, I want to teach and be able to give out credits.
A couple of people didn't finish there work either

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Possible U might aspire to become an instructor/tester for CDT and be a good one. I taught night classes at Triton in the early 80's, dental materials, & denture classes. Triton in River grove closed their DLT program around 1998, the other program in IL SIU closed their DLT program around 2005. I only hear of programs closing haven't heard of any opening. To hard work, to artistic, too little pay to much stress young uns don't want those things. I taught redcross first aid & CPR 1988-2002, still active at the firestation with CERT but kind of watch more now.

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Congrats, now with a BA you can find a program to teach at.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Congratulations! Always good to accomplish the right recognition. Now you have to
earn that from your clients/DDS somehow too.
LCM

capickettcdt

capickettcdt

Reaction score
Congratulations! I know that there has always been the "what is it worth" crowd, but let me give you my experience. I've worked twice at labs that required management to have their CDT and at 3 manufacturers where CDT was an employment requirement. For now I am teaching/lecturing at various venues domestic and international, all of which require/prefer a certification. Now to my own lab... When I put the name of the lab on the door I also put my name under it with CDT, you know...just like the Doc's do. Two months in a Pros Doc walked in the office to talk to me because, "on your door it says CDT", he took the open office down the hall and we did business for over 10 years until I sold the lab. When you operate in a world of folks who believe in titles...it is good to have one. CDT has been good to me.

Top Bottom