will it work with 2-connect

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
20160422_191239.jpg 20160422_191442.jpg

I cant see all the two connect tibase cones in one shot no matter what angle i look at.

do u guys think i should proceed for this izir case with 2-connect.

or I should use angled multi unit abutments. These are legacy 3.5 (zimmer) implants.

but for that I have to start abutment level with abutments prescrewed in the mouth....meaning a new impression.

The impression /cast we have is non hexed open tray. what should be done if the implants are too angulated.....at this stage.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
You are right Zero Zero about planning. I think its a good discussion for other techs to learn from veterans like u.

Any way my plan is to use medentika (2 connect like abutments). The tibase cone is extremely low and can accommodate larger angulations.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
View attachment 21494 View attachment 21495

I cant see all the two connect tibase cones in one shot no matter what angle i look at.

do u guys think i should proceed for this izir case with 2-connect.

or I should use angled multi unit abutments. These are legacy 3.5 (zimmer) implants.

but for that I have to start abutment level with abutments prescrewed in the mouth....meaning a new impression.

The impression /cast we have is non hexed open tray. what should be done if the implants are too angulated.....at this stage.

Design it with 2connect and then have the design printed to see if it fits.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
All the cones in the bridge tied together can take only one path to seat on the crowns preps(2 connect bases) and just like crown prep margins should be visible to one eye in one axis, I thought that it would not work.

Wanted to see if people who have done lot of izir cases could take a look at this screen shot and confirm my thinking.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
you are allowed 30 degrees (about 33 in my experience with 2-conn)
if I where to see this on my screen, I may make the decision to mill it in wax or pmma.. but I would also do it out of a simple safeguard. it looks to me like you do have a path of insertion, and I would be a little surprised to find it didn't fit... your other option (which I've also done) is to do a quick frame in GC resin over the 2-conn inserts and gently check the path... support the frame with cross sections of acrylic. it doesn't need to be pretty

tip.. dump a bunch of cold cure on a sheet of suck-down material.. let it cure.. peel off.. cut it into bars.. much faster

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
thanks for GC resin the tip.