Wiggly crowns on abutments

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I get the tougher cases and I know what cement my drs are using.
I also want a good surface area to adhere to and light sandblasting provides that.

I can change the colour of an abutment by using a brass bristle brush if I want to go there but rarely do when I have opacious cements.

If you think anodization solves all shading issues with an all ceramic crown then you haven't been a ceramist for very long.

Lol...I never said it was a cure all, but I definitely feel that anodization helps more than

a sandblasted abutment. That's all. :D

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
With an old D700 and with InLab, I had terrible fits. Now I can take a polished Ti abutment, give it the lightest touch of spray. Thrown in .005/.02 cement gaps, and I have a fit like you wouldn't believe. Then I finish the margins and polish them together, Zirc on Ti, give it an anodizing. And bam, beautiful. And think this is all possible cause the D2000 scanner doesn't mess around.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Sevan, I need to make attachments like that. Going to the drawing board now.
I logged onto tinkercad and had no problem building an STL suitable. I'll give it a shot next week.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
With an old D700 and with InLab, I had terrible fits. Now I can take a polished Ti abutment, give it the lightest touch of spray. Thrown in .005/.02 cement gaps, and I have a fit like you wouldn't believe. Then I finish the margins and polish them together, Zirc on Ti, give it an anodizing. And bam, beautiful. And think this is all possible cause the D2000 scanner doesn't mess around.
you think the scanner makes that much of a difference?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sevan, I need to make attachments like that. Going to the drawing board now.
I logged onto tinkercad and had no problem building an STL suitable. I'll give it a shot next week.

Dude I have it up here for download somewhere Or I can email you it. LOL

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

I'm at 0.010/0.025 light spray and -0.005mm cavity on my VHF CAM = Snug as a Bug!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Went from red laser to structured light.:Top:
the reason i ask, is i am using a D700....i dont have that many issues of fit over implants. ive taken some time to tweak my parameters a bit, and i am always looking to make things better. but clinical significance is what i worry about. everything is 10x-20x magnification here too. i am looking to get better fits on milled wax (since its new to me),but already spoke with Sevan and others and have made some changes that already helped a bunch.
i was considering a newer scanner....prob medit...but was reluctant to throw the extra cash at it. cash is going toward another project right now...and my scanning time averages 8min for most cases. so the time savings isnt there, i dont have fit concerns with zirc, and the few challenges i have seem to be disappearing.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
When i was using inlab. The best results were when I duped the abutment, poured it in stone, and used that to capture the rotational die scan. I think the acquisition unit your using definitely plays a role.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is the b
When i was using inlab. The best results were when I duped the abutment, poured it in stone, and used that to capture the rotational die scan. I think the acquisition unit your using definitely plays a role.

This is the best result on ANY system, did the exact same on my ineso inlab.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
the reason i ask, is i am using a D700....i dont have that many issues of fit over implants. ive taken some time to tweak my parameters a bit, and i am always looking to make things better. but clinical significance is what i worry about. everything is 10x-20x magnification here too. i am looking to get better fits on milled wax (since its new to me),but already spoke with Sevan and others and have made some changes that already helped a bunch.
i was considering a newer scanner....prob medit...but was reluctant to throw the extra cash at it. cash is going toward another project right now...and my scanning time averages 8min for most cases. so the time savings isnt there, i dont have fit concerns with zirc, and the few challenges i have seem to be disappearing.

I have a D700 and D2000, both use the same settings in the dental designer 0.010/0.025 and a light spray same fit no difference. Glad the help made some good.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sevan, what brand of spray are you using ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have a D700 and D2000, both use the same settings in the dental designer 0.010/0.025 and a light spray same fit no difference. Glad the help made some good.
huge help, thank you again.