Wieland Select

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and got the Wieland Select Dry set up. I've got to say it is the best milling I've seen along with my mini. And yes, I have used and seen units off about every mill out there. These machines are phenomenal. Especially for the price point. I've tried other systems, but tired of all the headaches. These Wieland machines just work like they are supposed too. Zero milling or offset lines. Surface is as smooth as you can get and the units just drop on the models. I'm sold [emoji6]

Now, if they will just start milling preface Ti blanks I would be in heaven lol.

Oh, and set up... they showed up, handled everything.. it was such a relief to have this type of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and got the Wieland Select Dry set up. I've got to say it is the best milling I've seen along with my mini. And yes, I have used and seen units off about every mill out there. These machines are phenomenal. Especially for the price point. I've tried other systems, but tired of all the headaches. These Wieland machines just work like they are supposed too. Zero milling or offset lines. Surface is as smooth as you can get and the units just drop on the models. I'm sold [emoji6]

Now, if they will just start milling preface Ti blanks I would be in heaven lol.

Oh, and set up... they showed up, handled everything.. it was such a relief to have this type of experience.

great to hear! im hoping to add a Wieland later this year!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

I did have a glitch there for a bit with my Mini (thanks JW for your PM help and suggestions),but you're right, it just plain mills. Also, without hardly any touch plate issues. I think I've had to replace about 2 in a year?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you go with another Roland? Just curious.
im not dissatisfied with the Roland, however there are some minor things that should be or should have been adjusted on the 51D before release IMHO
mainly, i am considering adding wet milling as an option in addition to the dry roland milling. so i was looking at the zeno hybrid

Z

zahni

Reaction score
Aren't the wieland mills made by vhf? They say you can mill metal with them.

Gesendet von meinem F3112 mit Tapatalk

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
we have 2 selects that are about a year and a half old and have replaced the spindle on both. I don't think I would want to mill metal with them.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
with their set up you could technically mill metal, just find the correct Jager spindle to go with it and beef up the components. (but that's like saying I can technically run 3.3 0-60 times on my S7 with a stage II tune from APR with DPs, upgraded Turbos and modified DSG program)

case in point, i'll stick to my high 3.5's 0-60 launches on a minimal stage I tune and leave the 9 second runs for the GT-R

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
we have 2 selects that are about a year and a half old and have replaced the spindle on both. I don't think I would want to mill metal with them.
Are you milling a bunch of EMAX?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
we actually don't wet mill in either. I'm not really sure the spindle was "bad" in either of them. We were having a bunch of weird issues and, since the spindles were technically past the recommended hours of use, they started troubleshooting there.

seems like the recommended hours of use is about a year of milling for us.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
we actually don't wet mill in either. I'm not really sure the spindle was "bad" in either of them. We were having a bunch of weird issues and, since the spindles were technically past the recommended hours of use, they started troubleshooting there.

seems like the recommended hours of use is about a year of milling for us.

I believe Ivoclar offers re-built spindles for about 1/2 the price, with a full warranty. We're you able to get in on that?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, that was offered but there weren't any rebuilt in stock and we couldn't wait. Might be a good idea to get in on that so we have one to switch out if things go sideways again.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Crap! I usually get emails if someone responds to my thread. Sorry for taking so long to answer. Just realized.

I have replaced three touch plates and just replaced my first collet on my mini in three years[emoji6] I had one issue with tool position a couple of years ago. The computer shut down and for some reason it lost its tool coordinates. Wieland hooked up and re drilled the rubber tool holders and saved the coordinates. Never had another problem and I was only down for a few hours.

I'm careful what I recommend. I've about gone broke on bad experiences over the years lol. I would recommend the mini or select to anyone. Now the changer is a different story. I'm just not ready to put much faith in one especially at that price point. I'm sure the emax milling is good. I just haven't done it first hand. I would have to run several situations through it.

My zubler got beat up in shipping.... it was a demo so there was no replacement[emoji20] I payed around, depressed for a few days and then decided to slap the shipping company lol. Now I feel better.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
What's weird is, if you have the advanced software...... and you look at your tool selections....... there are a few"tale tale" signs in there[emoji6]

L

labtek

Reaction score
im not dissatisfied with the Roland, however there are some minor things that should be or should have been adjusted on the 51D before release IMHO
mainly, i am considering adding wet milling as an option in addition to the dry roland milling. so i was looking at the zeno hybrid

Can you be more specific about the things you feel should have been adjusted on the 51d?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
with their set up you could technically mill metal, just find the correct Jager spindle to go with it and beef up the components. (but that's like saying I can technically run 3.3 0-60 times on my S7 with a stage II tune from APR with DPs, upgraded Turbos and modified DSG program)

case in point, i'll stick to my high 3.5's 0-60 launches on a minimal stage I tune and leave the 9 second runs for the GT-R
Now tour speaking my language TURBO! I had made my own custom turbo setup on my vw man alive it was fast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk