Wieland Mini Mill

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Congrats! Now go make some dust !

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Yeah i cleared the shelves today so i got 4 days to play with the mini a bit more. The new compressor is a beast compared to my old one. Got some white and medium zenostar to play with. Was going to get some ZZ prettau tomorrow. Got a single crown real FCZ case to try it out on shade D3. Glad its a posterior.
Good luck ts4341 :D fun times!!!!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
You're gonna love it, Tad. You won't believe the time savings. I couldn't be more pleased with the Preciso mini, and as discussed, it's essentially the same mill.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I also have the Jensen mini, my bad Precisio. Anyhow same crap different stink. I had great success early on, but them ran into the issues of the electronic touch off. Now that it is fixed, I am struggling with the new terms Jensen has come out with. Should I but Precisio software for 1500$ for baisc C& B or stick with 1250$ license fee on LD7, I mean the basic Precisio does do implants,Inlays but costs more, but no yearly fees. I do do enough custom hybrid abut's and I am used to LD7. In addition I have seen the new service plans, is it common for the company who sells this equipment to charge for tech support going forward after a year, I mean 2500$ yearly for support seems steep? Or maybe not as the support is usually good. My basic bitch is last year they were selling LD& and there support saying that is why you pay more for the consumables now they change to Precisio and LD7 is out the window, or it sure seems that way. The VHF is a good little mill, but the electronic touch off is quirky. I also am not happy paying for Jensen burs that last 60-7- unit and cost 45-70$ each. That is 2.50$ a unit tooling costs, but you can't use other burs or the support is out the window according to the last tech sheet put out. Shame on them for this, I am a big fan of Jensen until now and will be more skeptical going forward. My 2 cents

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I haven't used LD7 so can't compare. My system uses a form of mental wings w/ a $1950/yr fee. Seems from what I've read that all VHF mills need to be kept very clean to touch correctly w/o divoting the touch plate.

M

MoonShaun

Reaction score
We have gone with the Mini also, will be getting it in 3 weeks after training. Heres my question, we are looking into getting another compressor to run the mill and possible another mill later on. I am not looking to run the whole lab and building off of it, so what would your alls suggestions be? I know thatI need to maintain a constant 110 psi. I would just like to have everything set up so when i bring the mill back i can go ahead and start milling that day, I have a couple of weeks to prep for it and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone have the California Air Tools compressors really quite and good reviews from what i have seen.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
At least a 30 gallon tank is a must.. The most important thing I bought was a top of the line air dryer from a professional paint dealer.. the air must be bone dry..

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We did no screw retained restorations just 8 or 9 months ago.
Today we are milling these cases every day. It's probably the most profitable thing we do.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
We did no screw retained restorations just 8 or 9 months ago.
Today we are milling these cases every day. It's probably the most profitable thing we do.
Bob can you mill them with a 4 axes mill, VHF type? Thanks. Adrian.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob can you mill them with a 4 axes mill, VHF type? Thanks. Adrian.
Yes, you can do single units. You need to make sure the unit is setup perfectly in the CAM so the hole is perpendicular to the disc. I have never done this on a 4 axis mill. There are probably others that can give you more detailed info.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
Yes, you can do single units. You need to make sure the unit is setup perfectly in the CAM so the hole is perpendicular to the disc. I have never done this on a 4 axis mill. There are probably others that can give you more detailed info.
Thanks. Adrian.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
Thanks. Adrian.
Bob i was thinking of getting the Shenpaz furnace from you. Do you sell or use the fast firing one, the plus one? I've seen a few not so good reviews here on the furnace. If you do fast sintering will it burn the elements faster? Adrian.

W

Wayne CDT

Reaction score
I have a small problem with the Wieland mini when milling PMMA. Broken burs, rubber bur seats torn up, once the aluminum calibration plate had to be replaced because a bur ground off the little stop, collet gets clogged and it wont release the burs properly. What a mess.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What strategy are you using for your plastic and did you modify it,

I am on the same rubber bur holders from day one and never have experienced what you are outlining.

I must have received the only perfect first gen mini ever. :) That or I learned fast what not to do.

Like anything else the machine is only as smart and useful as the person operating it. I paid my tuition early on as i had zero machining experience. A lot of the items you mention seems to me could be user error, never once have I had a bur stick in the chuck but I clean my stuff regularly and have a meticulous schedule for our maintenance. Not bashing you here just relating real world experience on my machine.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a small problem with the Wieland mini when milling PMMA. Broken burs, rubber bur seats torn up, once the aluminum calibration plate had to be replaced because a bur ground off the little stop, collet gets clogged and it wont release the burs properly. What a mess.
Sounds like someones not cleaning their machine. Do it after every mill job. Clean the collet. Calibrate.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Did you calibrate it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

W

Wayne CDT

Reaction score
Yes...Ran calibration and everything checks out fine...Mill is cleaned every mourning and collet is cleaned once a week. I suspect not enough vacuum...debris is all over the place inside even after the first bur...sucks great but maybe it needs more. Other burs are completely covered with PMMA fragments. Colet picks the second bur up with all that debris on it...