White ring at sprue

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I also get a dark grey spot on my crowns at the sprue area on my eMax pressings. Using a zubler.
Any ideas?

J

JDD

Reaction score
I also get a dark grey spot on my crowns at the sprue area on my eMax pressings. Using a zubler.
Any ideas?
So far I've tried the one suggestion to make sprue 3.3 mm long. No more. Sprue to thickest area. It seems to work the best so far. Noticeable but much better. Still working on it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
So far I've tried the one suggestion to make sprue 3.3 mm long. No more. Sprue to thickest area. It seems to work the best so far. Noticeable but much better. Still working on it.
Ive re-read the entire thread...no one has suggested using a sprue 3.3mm long.

What are you referring to?

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I think he meant 3mm diameter. Not length

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Ive been using a 3mm sprue so I might use a 3.3mm sprue and see how that goes. I read that technical post that Patrick Coon wrote and it was very informative.
I only get a dark grey spot on my crown without the white ring around it. I'm not sure if I have the same problem with the OP.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Same here, as I previously posted, gray but no real definite white ring. I think it only happens to me on the thicker monolithic HT ingots that I do all my posteriors in. All my emax coping are in LT's or Mt's, and press fine.

Maybe the fiber optic effect Patrick mentioned is more easily seen on HT ingots? I need to make sure I'm using his tips, along with trying user name's suggestions.

J

JDD

Reaction score
Im not giving him that much credit. He said 'long'.
Wow. Read user names post. It says he uses a 3.3 mm width sprue. And keeps the length shorter than the width. Chill pill man.
And I don't need credit any way
A direct quote is. "Keep the sprue short; shorter than the width. "

user name

user name

Reaction score
My apologies if I sounded like a jerk in an earlier comment above. Im having a less than fantastic day.

I mean no rudeness.

J

JDD

Reaction score
My apologies if I sounded like a jerk in an earlier comment above. Im having a less than fantastic day.

I mean no rudeness.
Apology accepted. I'm trying to get rid of my problems too. Pressing is challenging. I just want a superior product. When I can't control it , it sucks. Been at it for four years and this suggestion has given the best results.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
JDD are you getting this on LTs, or HTs (like I am) or all?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Apology accepted. I'm trying to get rid of my problems too. Pressing is challenging. I just want a superior product. When I can't control it , it sucks. Been at it for four years and this suggestion has given the best results.
Can anyone recommend a good chill pill? Something preferably that goes with vodka.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Same here, as I previously posted, gray but no real definite white ring. I think it only happens to me on the thicker monolithic HT ingots that I do all my posteriors in. All my emax coping are in LT's or Mt's, and press fine.

Maybe the fiber optic effect Patrick mentioned is more easily seen on HT ingots? I need to make sure I'm using his tips, along with trying user name's suggestions.

I mainly use LT Ingots mono and I get the grey spot.

user name

user name

Reaction score
User name...now available in 'Bat$hit Crazy'!

bat****-crazy-273x300.jpg

The resemblance is amazing.