White ring at sprue

J

JDD

Reaction score
Does any body know how to get rid of white ring with dark center at sprue area of all presses. I've talked to techs
Etc. tried every thing that I know of. Doesn't matter if it's LT HT or MT. Can't get rid of it. I use a Zubbler press oven.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Does any body know how to get rid of white ring with dark center at sprue area of all presses. I've talked to techs
Etc. tried every thing that I know of. Doesn't matter if it's LT HT or MT. Can't get rid of it. I use a Zubbler press oven.
How about posting a picture?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I get a slight low value area on some of the monolithic units where the sprue was. I think it may have something to do with the volume, as with my emax pressed frameworks, I don't get those o_O
Using a EP600.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
This is due to sprue placement and the flow of the crystals. The LS2 crystals are long and thin and when they flow they line up like logs going down river to the log mill. So when we try to cheat and save that nice incisal edge we waxed and move the sprue down the axial wall (usually facial) the crystals flow into the mold and have to turn to go down the long axis of the tooth. The last crystals that enter the crown don't have a chance to turn, so when we remove the sprue we are looking at the short, polished, end of the crystal and they act as fiber optic cables and transmit the light right through the crown and don't reflect it back. This results in the "BullsEye," a low value spot with a high value ring around it.

To fix this, move your sprue back to the proper position aimed straight down the prep on the incisal edge or cusp tip. This will prevent this from happening.

J

JDD

Reaction score
I get a slight low value area on some of the monolithic units where the sprue was. I think it may have something to do with the volume, as with my emax pressed frameworks, I don't get those o_O
Using a EP600.
Yes. I'm beginning to think its the oven. Don't understand why though. Frustrating. Thanks for taking time to post.
This is due to sprue placement and the flow of the crystals. The LS2 crystals are long and thin and when they flow they line up like logs going down river to the log mill. So when we try to cheat and save that nice incisal edge we waxed and move the sprue down the axial wall (usually facial) the crystals flow into the mold and have to turn to go down the long axis of the tooth. The last crystals that enter the crown don't have a chance to turn, so when we remove the sprue we are looking at the short, polished, end of the crystal and they act as fiber optic cables and transmit the light right through the crown and don't reflect it back. This results in the "BullsEye," a low value spot with a high value ring around it.

To fix this, move your sprue back to the proper position aimed straight down the prep on the incisal edge or cusp tip. This will prevent this from happening.
I will give it a try. Thanks

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
"Name that Avatar"...is it Get Smart, Hymie??.. do, do I win a prize, a refrigerator?

hymie_zps2lv4t0ns.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Always spru at the thickest part of the pattern. Use a spru AT LEAST 3mm. I use Ivoclar 8ga., 3.3mm.

Keep the sprue short; shorter than the width.

Works every time.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will try it.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
Please stick around,we're not done goofing off by a long shot and could use the help.

What color should we paint the foyer?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Yes. I'm beginning to think its the oven. Don't understand why though. Frustrating. Thanks for taking time to post.

I will give it a try. Thanks

This is definitely not the oven. I answer this question often and we even discuss it in our e.max press courses.