Which Corrective Light

K

kevinmelles

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Which is the best light for the bench. For shade matching, working, photo taking, etc.

This is what I got: Fluorescent light 6500 Kelvin. They say the range between 5500 and 6500 mimics mid-AM and mid-PM giving the best light spectrum for shade taking. Any suggestions, brandnames, comments, etc!

Thank you. KM

user name

user name

Reaction score
BlueMax 70 watt dimmable desk lamp. 5900k, 96cri.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
BlueMax 70 watt dimmable desk lamp. 5900k, 96cri.

5500k with a CRI above 90 will give very close to true daylight.

If you do a google search for "Color corrective lighting" then look at the specs you will see what I mean.

Good luck
JOHN

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
5500k with a CRI above 90 will give very close to true daylight.

If you do a google search for "Color corrective lighting" then look at the specs you will see what I mean.

Good luck
JOHN
That's the one I have in operatory also. Not even expensive, but also
have a regular florescent area to compare in critical cases because the
patients usually will see conventional lighting at home and home.
Actually, the patients would be brought to outside office as well (if no snow
or rain) - comparing shade match in 3 ambient condition for my difficult cases
not troublesome, except having to make that decision when none are the
best.
LCM

Ajels

Ajels

Reaction score
I have the T8 system for color matching & lab summer feel in dead of winter. I would at this time go for the T5 full spectrum solutions product, fair price USA made & really kicks. Ultralux 4-Lamp T5 Fixture w/bulbs
BlueMax™ fluorescent tubes use a special blend of phosphors bringing you the closest thing to natural daylight! With a balanced full spectrum color temperature of 5000-5900 Kelvin and a high CRI of 93+ for unmatched color rendering
Remember to change the bulbs ever year or two and put a date with a marker on the tube they will continue to make light but the quality deterioration after 5000-7000 hrs is dramatic with a new bulb is placed nest an old.

Last edited:
statho007

statho007

Reaction score
Dear Colleagues,
I want to change the roof lighting from the ceramic room and i want your help.Do you believe tha its better to buy fluorecent lamps close to 5500 k(daylight) like bench lighting,or buy a warmer shade with high lumix?
.The local store suggest me T5 lamps with color code 840.Usually the appropriate color code for 5500k is 950.
Any suggestions?

statho007

statho007

Reaction score
pjd thanks you for your fast reply.Do you believe 4800K for roof lighting(general lighting) is better than 5500k..?I believe that all the lights in a room must have the same color temperature as the bench lighting...!

J

Jorge

Reaction score
Here 840 for roofs (downlights) and 950 for benchs inside dustproof (IP65) garage fixtures

A

Attila Gal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard about Waldmann Taneo lights? Are they good? Are they worth $670?

Also there is another top bench light. I find this one is the best option on the market now. The only thing is the price.
Eichorst Dialite Pro

Waldmann Taneo 5000K dimmable $670 (533mm)
Eichorst Dialite Pro (610mm-755mm) 5800K $730-$1430

Has anyone ever stumbled across with any of them?

http://www.eickhorst.com/en/lighting/desk-lights/dialite-pro/features

https://www.waldmann.com/home/pfleg...aneo~ff8081814a15bf61014ac9df17bd7661.de.html

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
446.png

For the money you cant go wrong with an ott-lite. I just take the Pt outdoors unless its snowing.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im ordering this after spending some time on their site... :)
405.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ha! Newspaper!? You just showed your age! Im still young (ish) and my eyes work great, but lights that are too bright, especially bright sunlight in really hurts or fatigues my eyes. Probably damage from the FL sun on white sand as a kid?

I use a dazor desk lamp and an LED ottlite desk lamp. I have huge 9ft bay windows that let a lot of light in, but ultimately it matters what overhead light/loupe headlight the Dr is shining on it when theyfirst see it .. :banghead:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im starting to think your an A.I., how do you come up with that sht so fast!? Dont you work!? lol

Top Bottom