Whats the best way to spend $20k toward building CAD/CAM dept

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Oh I have to pick your brain on the cintiq. I am itching to get one, but wanted to see how you design with the pen. How do you do the right click, left click and scroll command of the mouse? I have an employee with some handicap on her right hand. She managed to learn how to use her left hand, but I am hoping to help her out with the cintiq that her work goes smoother and faster. She can close her fingers but can't open them. I can not find a video on youtube that is in English ( or German)
message me whenever,

The cintiq would be perfect, but you would need to get one of the 3D Connexion pro mouses instead of the one that comes with the 27" Cintiq.

and yeah, you can macro any function you want.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I am in the process of starting a new Lab and I have $20k to put towards my CAD/CAM department. I was wondering if anybody can give me suggestions. Should I focus on getting a good scanner and then send the designed units to a milling center? What scanner/software would help me the most. I have been looking at the 3shape E3 scanner. Then later I can look into buying a mill/sintering oven. Or should I get an economic scanner and finance the mill/sintering oven? I am trying to figure out what is the best way to approach building my CAD/CAM dept. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I have a Medit scanner that I would sell for $7500. Virtually unused - maybe 30 scans.

erics24k

erics24k

Reaction score
Oh I have to pick your brain on the cintiq. I am itching to get one, but wanted to see how you design with the pen. How do you do the right click, left click and scroll command of the mouse? I have an employee with some handicap on her right hand. She managed to learn how to use her left hand, but I am hoping to help her out with the cintiq that her work goes smoother and faster. She can close her fingers but can't open them. I can not find a video on youtube that is in English ( or German)

Are you going to Lab Day West? Argen has a course on this at 9:30 am for 1 hour CE and we will be demoing it at our booth as well on the 20th.

Attachments

• LMT Lab Day Schedule.pdf
    573.4 KB · Views: 4
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Cintiq qhd27 down right the sh!t. Here is mine. And the 3d connexion enterprise.
0068949700b16a6e0f96a92dc706d971.jpg
8478ca4d68fcc43a40626dc39eb390a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
That looks pretty cool. Do you guys recommend the 22 or 27 ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
quit playing with your mouse and get back to work sevan
you have some late cases from April to deal with.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
That looks pretty cool. Do you guys recommend the 22 or 27 ?
I say 27, but it is very bulky, with the additional ergo base. But the resolution is insane. The screen itself has a 27" working area but there is a 3" to 4" border.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
quit playing with your mouse and get back to work sevan
you have some late cases from April to deal with.
I have a all on six due on the 25th, disk showing up today. Eek!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
mines the 22hd, and since its no longer used in the lab due to process controls, it came home with me over the weekend. since i bought it and the lab doesnt own it.

Top Bottom