What would you make?

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Here is what the doctor gave me along with instructions as to how he wants to restore this. What would you make?
occlview.JPG facial view.jpg

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
A reduction coping:)

M

martintay

Reaction score
I would articulate / return and ask for opinion ! And suggest re-prep !!!!!

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
What level of aesthetics is he looking for?
I'd put a call in to him.

If they are looking for more...Jason got it right:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
He wants a 6, 7 and 9 in a 3 unit bridge. He wants me to copy the temps. Maybe it is my ego, but on this particular case and given the temp model, I would rather make it the way I think it should be made than ask for clarification. (And he is a pretty easy doc that way, as long as it looks nice.)
cy.jpg

*just talked to him and he does want to do a 6, 8 and 9. Whew. I guess it was just a miscommunication.
cy.jpg

Last edited:
karabear

karabear

Reaction score
What level of aesthetics is he looking for?
I'd put a call in to him.

If they are looking for more...Jason got it right:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

He is the kind of doctor that mostly selects A2 for the shade. Does that give you an idea?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Mill reduction copings in pmma and let the doc trim off as much as possible.. Shape up model of temps if needed, before you scan to copy..
What material are you going to use ? If you had to and facial reduction is a problem, you could do a incisal 1/3 cutback in zir., layer incisal in GC, stain with Lustre, or FCZ & stain with GC Lustre. If your going to use zir with normal facial cutback, use Lustre stain as wash layer so all units will match better..With this technique, you don't use the L-N glaze ..Call me if you need help Kara.. This technique will allow a thinner layer of dentin/enamel, and still match very well.

karabear

karabear

Reaction score
Mill reduction copings in pmma and let the doc trim off as much as possible.. Shape up model of temps if needed, before you scan to copy..
What material are you going to use ? If you had to and facial reduction is a problem, you could do a incisal 1/3 cutback in zir., layer incisal in GC, stain with Lustre, or FCZ & stain with GC Lustre. If your going to use zir with normal facial cutback, use Lustre stain as wash layer so all units will match better..With this technique, you don't use the L-N glaze ..Call me if you need help Kara.. This technique will allow a thinner layer of dentin/enamel, and still match very well.

Thanks Charles. He's not much for RC's. As far as material, when we first started milling all he wanted was full Zirconia. Now he only wants a Zirconia substructure with layered porcelain. Also, should I make the cuspid look more like a lateral? And crud...looks like I am going to have to dive in the Pink Gingiva pool too. :scared:
cuspid.jpg
cuspid.jpg

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry, watching NC State lose and reading your thread lol ... mistake trying to help at the sametime..
I would match other side using a lateral, if ok with Doc ..

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have fabricated laterals in the cuspid position before but I still pick up lingual guidance with them. 3 unit bridge, facial cutbacks with the Pontic facial placement dictated by 9. I would use a chroma blocker on the Pontic prior to pre sintered coloring (I say this because pontics tend to get darker then adjacent copings in a framework.)Incisal pre sintered stain if you have it. Layer facials as best you can;)

It's hard to give good advice due to the differences in Zr, pre sintered stains and layering ceramic being used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
Thanks Charles. He's not much for RC's. As far as material, first he wanted full Zirconia and now he only wants a Zirconia substructure with layered porcelain. Also, should I make the cuspid look more like a lateral? And crud...looks like I am going to have to dive in the Pink Gingiva pool too. :scared:
View attachment 4578

def make #6 look like #7 as much as possible.....at least facially.